WHS 2011 - Blue screening RRS feed

• Question

• So I've been running WHS 2011 for 8 months now and its been very stable.

I havent done anything to it, yet starting a little over a week ago the server has been crashing to a BSOD every 3-4 days.  The bugchecks I've experienced are the following:

0x3b, 0x1e, 0x77, 0x19, 0xa

Each time its been different, but the error reads the same: usually some sort of paging problem in ntoskrnl. Then it usually complains of it possibly being caused by a driver it cannot identify.

I havent added any new hardware to the system and I'm unaware of any new drivers.

I ran a chkdsk /r on the hard drives already. It fixed a couple minor things but nothing serious.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

• Edited by Beradon Saturday, November 10, 2012 12:20 PM
    Saturday, November 10, 2012 12:12 PM

All replies

• You can search for each of the STOP codes you've seen, but it seems likely based on the variety that you have some sort of hardware issue, possibly a failing DIMM. THis is a fair reference for many STOP codes: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh994433(v=vs.85).aspx

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Saturday, November 10, 2012 5:35 PM
  • Thanks for the response.  I ran the microsoft memory test tool and it came back clean.

In fact, most of the discussions I came across for each of those stop codes suggest that it is not a RAM issue.

• Edited by Beradon Sunday, November 11, 2012 5:37 AM
    Sunday, November 11, 2012 5:36 AM