A user gets an error accessing a lead I just entered - and can see without problems (CRM 2011) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

this is probably a really easy one for some of you but I'm struggling with it.

I have CRM 2011 on site - everything is working fine.

I have entered a lead into the system (whilst logged in as an admin)

I can view this lead and have assigned it to one of the sales people.

After assigning it I can still view it fine and it is 'assigned' to the person I assigned it to.

The sales person that I've assigned the lead to can create leads and views leads BUT when she tries to view any of the leads that I have assigned to her she gets an error message - and unfortunately the error message is really meaningful:

Error

An Error has occurred

I've been along and had a look at her rights, she has bother sales person and sales manager.

Sales manager has access to all leads at the enterprise level and pretty much all rights on leads.

Can anyone give me any ideas as to what could be causing this issue or where to look to try and diagnose it?

Thanks in advance,

Ed.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 10:01 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Seems that your user doesn't have some required rights.

I would suggest to turn on trace, restart IIS and ask user to open record one more time. After that open trace folder and check it - it should contain trace with detailed explanation of error. If it would not be clear post error log here.

Dynamics CRM MVP/ Technical Evangelist at SlickData LLC
    My blog

Thursday, October 9, 2014 10:08 AM
  • Hi Wallace,

Please run a trace and paste your error log here.

Saad

• Edited by Mohd Saad Thursday, October 9, 2014 10:09 AM
    Thursday, October 9, 2014 10:08 AM
  • thanks Andrii, I didn't know about trace - I'll try that now.

Regards,

Ed.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 10:09 AM
  • Hi Ed,

Use CrmDiagTool to trace your error.

Saad

Thursday, October 9, 2014 10:12 AM
  • Wow - this is now even stranger.

I've just logged on as the user in question on my laptop and everything works.

So, my sales person is sitting in another country (has windows 7 and the same language installed) accesses the crm via internet explorer. We're both using IE 11

we both see exactly the same thing (initial dashboard), we both select sales, then leads

when I access a lead from here (or anywhere else) it's fine

When she clicks on a lead or hits new she gets and error.

When I get her to access (try) a lead this is what the error log contains (and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me given we both seem to be running very similar machines) - any ideas?:

# CRM Tracing Version 2.0
    # LocalTime: 2014-10-09 11:31:36.492
    # Categories:
    # CallStackOn: No
    # ComputerName: CRMSERVER
    # CRMVersion: 5.0.9690.1992
    # DeploymentType: OnPremise
    # ScaleGroup:
    # ServerRole: AppServer, AsyncService, DiscoveryService, ApiServer, HelpServer, DeploymentService, SandboxServer, DeploymentManagementTools

[2014-10-09 11:35:29.668] Process: w3wp |Organization:xxxxx |Thread:   19 |Category: Application |User: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Level: Error | ErrorInformation.LogError
    >MSCRM Error Report:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Error Details: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Source File: Not available

Line Number: Not available

Request URL: http://someipaddress/PalladiumISCrm/dashboards/dashboard.aspx?dashboardId=%7bee50a18b-3f88-df11-8d93-00155db1891a%7d&dashboardType=1030&pagemode=iframe

Stack Trace Info: [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableFormExtended.BuildFormModel(FormDescriptor formDescriptor)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.UnboundDashboardForm.Execute(Guid dashboardId, DashboardType type)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Dashboard.ConfigurePage()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.PageManager.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

[HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

[2014-10-09 11:35:29.699] Process: w3wp |Organization:00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Thread:   19 |Category: Platform |User: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Level: Error | ExceptionConverter.ConvertMessageAndErrorCode
    >System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #31CA9579: System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableFormExtended.BuildFormModel(FormDescriptor formDescriptor)
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.UnboundDashboardForm.Execute(Guid dashboardId, DashboardType type)
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Dashboard.ConfigurePage()
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.PageManager.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
    >   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
    >   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    >   at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
    >   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    >   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    >   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
    >   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
    >   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    >   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
    [2014-10-09 11:35:29.715] Process: w3wp |Organization:00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Thread:   19 |Category: Platform |User: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Level: Error | ExceptionConverter.ConvertMessageAndErrorCode
    >System.NullReferenceException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #249FB4F0: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableFormExtended.BuildFormModel(FormDescriptor formDescriptor)
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.UnboundDashboardForm.Execute(Guid dashboardId, DashboardType type)
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Dashboard.ConfigurePage()
    [2014-10-09 11:36:09.776] Process: w3wp |Organization:2406fa7f-7156-4fa4-8f03-73f243b4142e |Thread:   18 |Category: Application |User: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Level: Error | ErrorInformation.LogError
    >MSCRM Error Report:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Error Details: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Source File: Not available

Line Number: Not available

Request URL: http://someipaddress/PalladiumISCrm/userdefined/edit.aspx?_gridType=4&etc=4&id=%7b13DC3FD8-CDE7-E311-8980-001EC9AC5825%7d&pagemode=iframe&preloadcache=1412850987607&rskey=447597195

Stack Trace Info: [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableFormExtended.BuildFormModel(FormDescriptor formDescriptor)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity, FormDescriptor fd)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.PageHandlers.LeadRecordPageHandler.ConfigureFormHandler()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.Utility.GenericEventProcessor.RaiseEvent(String eventName)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.PageManager.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()

[HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

[2014-10-09 11:36:09.776] Process: w3wp |Organization:00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Thread:   18 |Category: Platform |User: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Level: Error | ExceptionConverter.ConvertMessageAndErrorCode
    >System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #31048C80: System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity, FormDescriptor fd)
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.PageHandlers.LeadRecordPageHandler.ConfigureFormHandler()
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.Utility.GenericEventProcessor.RaiseEvent(String eventName)
    >   at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
    >   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    >   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
    >   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
    >   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    >   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
    [2014-10-09 11:36:09.776] Process: w3wp |Organization:00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Thread:   18 |Category: Platform |User: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Level: Error | ExceptionConverter.ConvertMessageAndErrorCode
    >System.NullReferenceException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #82870BBA: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity, FormDescriptor fd)
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.PageHandlers.LeadRecordPageHandler.ConfigureFormHandler()
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.Utility.GenericEventProcessor.RaiseEvent(String eventName)

Thursday, October 9, 2014 11:17 AM