After Update to Build 7601, My Computer is DYING. HELP!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.

After since my windows was updated to build 7601, it says my copy of windows 7 is not genuine. 

I have tried everything but everything simply freezes. I tried opening the diagnostic tool and it freezes. I open system restore and it freezes. I honestly don't know what is there to do and school is starting tomorrow for me.

I am certain that my copy of windows 7 is genuine since I purchased it directly from HP only 2 months ago. I uninstalled the update and things are even worst. I can't even open anything and nothing works. Please help! There is no way I could post my windows validation here because when I click continue it would simply freeze on me.

Best,

Michael

Sunday, January 8, 2012 12:15 AM

Answers

• "nekroa64" wrote in message news:0a21c8f8-5385-4ec9-b94f-3ee8aa2b07ce...

Hi there.

After since my windows was updated to build 7601, it says my copy of windows 7 is not genuine.

I have tried everything but everything simply freezes. I tried opening the diagnostic tool and it freezes. I open system restore and it freezes. I honestly don't know what is there to do and school is starting tomorrow for me.

I am certain that my copy of windows 7 is genuine since I purchased it directly from HP only 2 months ago. I uninstalled the update and things are even worst. I can't even open anything and nothing works. Please help! There is no way I could post my windows validation here because when I click continue it would simply freeze on me.

Best,

Michael

Your best option is to use HP’s System Recovery option to get back to the ex-factory settings.
    If that fails to cure the problem is sounds very much like hardware failure – if the machine is only two months old, it will still be under warranty, and you should discuss your options with the manufacturer.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:50 PM
    Sunday, January 8, 2012 2:51 PM