none
No sequence to posts RRS feed

• Question

• No matter what sort order I select, posts appear ina random order.
    Is there a setting to make posts appear in date order, newest to oldest?
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:16 PM

Answers

• The first post of the thread is the thread start date. So if you sort by First post, most recently created threads should be at the top (aside from sticky which is always at the top). Steve, is this what you are asking for and does it do what you want?
    Brent Serbus STO Forums Program Manager
    Friday, March 28, 2008 8:49 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• The threads appear in the date/time order of the last reply. So a post that started today may appear after a post that started yesterday if someone replied today to the post from yesterday. Make sense?

I agree with you that we need a way to sort the threads by original post date.

Anna

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 4:35 AM
  • Makes sense, but sure makes it hard to track posts / replies.
    Thanks
    ;-)
    Wednesday, March 26, 2008 1:24 PM
  • The default order is "Last Post" which as Anna indicated is Most Recent Post in Descending order.

I think what you are asking for is the "First Post" option, which is Thread Start Date (or Original Post) in Descending Order.

One thing that may cause a little confusion and make things look a little more random is that Sticky Threads always show up first in the list, then the remaining Threads begin.

Rob J, Forums Dev
    Wednesday, March 26, 2008 4:19 PM
  • Thanks for this feedback Steve. I have logged this request with the product team and will respond as soon as I have details about the request.

Thanks!
    Alicia
    Program Manager, Sustained Engineering Team
    Wednesday, March 26, 2008 9:18 PM
  • Hi Rob,
    Sorting on Thread start date ( original post ) is what I'd like to see as an option if possible.
    Sticky threads aren't a problem.
    Thanks
    Steve
    Wednesday, March 26, 2008 10:52 PM
  • Thanks Alicia,
    As I replied to Rob, sorting on Thread start date ( original post ) is what I was asking about.
    Steve
    Wednesday, March 26, 2008 10:54 PM
  • The first post of the thread is the thread start date. So if you sort by First post, most recently created threads should be at the top (aside from sticky which is always at the top). Steve, is this what you are asking for and does it do what you want?
    Brent Serbus STO Forums Program Manager
    Friday, March 28, 2008 8:49 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Brent.
    Yep, that is what I was looking for.
    I thought iIhad cycled through all of the options, but apparently i missed that one.
    Needless to say it was driving me crazy trying to find posts.

Thanks and Regards
    Steve Easton

Friday, March 28, 2008 11:55 PM