Deploying crystal report in VS 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• First of all thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this and offer help/guidance with this.
    Second, I would also like to apologize in advance if this is in the wrong forum as I could not find a close enough match to where I thought this might fall...

I have recreated several reports in Visual Studio (VS) 2010 from premade ones in Crystal Reports (CR) 2008. This was mostly done for my own learning, but also so I could experiment with the Integrated Report Designer (IRD) which ended up working very well.

The problem I have is when it comes to deployment. Other than what I've done with a few forms from VB Express 2008, I have no experience with web deployment. Initially I published the reports to a file system and then copied the files to the IIS directory (C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/crystalreportviewers115). I moved the web.config file to the previous level (I believe this was some of the forums suggested) and recieved an error when trying to run the report in the browser (http://localhost/crystalreportviewer115/REPORTNAME.aspx):

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute names are case sensitive.

Source Error:

Line 12:     </connectionStrings>
    Line 13:     <system.web>
    Line 14:         <compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true" targetFramework="4.0">
    Line 15:            <assemblies>
    Line 15:                  <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config     Line:    14

I decided to try the web deploy method for the report and added the service URL (C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/crystalreportviewers115). However, I'm not sure what they're asking for in Site/application box. I made sure to check off the box "Mark as IIS application on destination" but other than this, I'm stuck.

Again I do apologize if this question is pretty elementary for most users, but I haven't done this before. I did extensive searches online and through some of the forums for an answer, but seemed to have gotten more confused. I am looking to learn how to do this myself so if there are any good book recommendations on this subject I would be greatful for those as well.

Again thanks to everyone who takes the time to read and respond.

Join the darskide. We have cookies!

• Changed type Darth Probius Thursday, June 6, 2013 12:03 PM meant as question not discussion
    • Moved by Amanda Zhu Friday, June 7, 2013 6:56 AM off-topic issue
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Based on your description, I am afraid that the issue is out of support of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Since you are working with Crystal Report, I suggest that you can consult your issue directly on SAP Crystal Reports: http://scn.sap.com/community/crystal-reports/content?filterID=content~objecttype~objecttype[thread]   for better solution and support.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Darth Probius Friday, June 7, 2013 12:29 PM
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 8:25 AM
  • Thank you for the response. Is it safe to assume from now on, that even though I'm working with VS 2010, any question with Crystal Reports should be redirected to SAP?

I will submit my question to the folks there and hopefully get a response. Thanks for the link.

Join the darskide. We have cookies!

Thursday, June 6, 2013 12:08 PM
  • Hello,

If you are working with Crystal Reports, I think that SAP Crystal Reports forum is a better choice for resolving Crystal Reports issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Darth Probius Friday, June 7, 2013 12:29 PM
    Friday, June 7, 2013 6:55 AM