An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am getting below error frequently. Could you please help me with this? currentlly, I am doing IIS reset to fix this issue.

Error is 

"An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full."

For error details, Please find the below content

<div class="votecell post-layout--left"></div> <div class="postcell post-layout--right"> <div class="s-prose js-post-body" itemprop="text">
    ERROR Exception caught for request: https://p******.com///**** with Message:Query failed with connection to:https://p************ /SearchCenter_v2900SolrNet.Exceptions.SolrConnectionException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full. at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

From where this problem is coming. This error is related to the .net Application, Network, or SQL server?

Thanks in Advance

Monday, October 19, 2020 9:23 AM

Answers

• I'd try asking for help over here.

https://forums.iis.net/

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Guido Franzke Tuesday, October 27, 2020 10:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Guido Franzke Tuesday, November 3, 2020 9:14 AM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2020 8:35 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

You can view the document and hope it helps: When you try to connect from TCP ports greater than 5000 you receive the error 'WSAENOBUFS (10055)'.

It seems be a TCP provider issue, could you tell me how you encounter this situation?

By the way, our forum is related to .NET Framework Setup and Servicing, have you made any changes to the .NET Framework on your machine?

Sincerely,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 6:52 AM
  • Hi Anna,

Thank you so much for your reply.
    Currently, We are doing  IIS reset to resolve this issue and we didn't change the .NET Framework on our machine.

Thanks

Rajesh Somvanshi

Wednesday, October 21, 2020 8:44 AM
  • Hi Rajesh Somvanshi,

Our forum is related to .NET Framework Setup and Servicing where we discuss the setup and deployment of .NET Framework. For your question, we will move it to where is the forum for and hope other community members to help you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Anna 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, October 27, 2020 8:09 AM
  • I'd try asking for help over here.

https://forums.iis.net/

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Guido Franzke Tuesday, October 27, 2020 10:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Guido Franzke Tuesday, November 3, 2020 9:14 AM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2020 8:35 AM