Create an outlook entry on file server(other then Webserver) automatically. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I know my question sound crazy but its client's requirement. My problem is I want to share an outlook in my lan.

I have one webserver and an another server( file server). My outlook is installed on file server. and calender on file server is shared to my network using 3rd party software. 

Now from the webserver i want to automatically create an entry to file server. So that when ever some event occurs in my website on webserver it can create an entry in file server which is already shared to my network so every one is notified. So in a way i can manage calender events synchronously throughout the network.

I have got success in creating the outlook entry on web server but for that outlook needs to be running that violates the server policy.

If there is any other solution then this to share the calender through out the network. remember i need to create calender entries from ASP.NET code. This problem has taken my entire week but could not come up with perfect solution. So urgent help is needed.

Thanks in advance.  

• Moved by Chao Kuo Monday, April 19, 2010 9:21 AM Not a vsx issue. (From:Visual Studio Extensibility)
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 3:40 PM

Answers