R2 / R1 functionality integration RRS feed

• Question

• I'm migrating an OCS R1 Consolidated Enterprise deployment (EE single server pool, consolidated Edge, Mediation/Proxy connected to a CS1K, CWA published through ISA2K6SP1) to a similar OCS R2 pool.

I understand that once the OCS R2 pool / FE server is in place, it will be able to communicate with the R1 Edge / Mediation server etc (which are patched to allow this).

Question is, prior to installing the R2 Edge / Mediation server etc, what R2 functionality is going to be missing?  E.g., I'm assuming single number reach is out, but how about audio bridging?  Conversely, what functionality am I going to be able to demonstrate (I will have users on the R2 pool with R2 client / LM etc)?

Thanks,

Peter
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:14 AM

All replies

• Basically MOC clients (RTM and R2) will communicate using the commonest features available to them. Until UC-enabled user accounts have been moved and homed on R2 server pools, no new features will be enabled. Obviously, users will have to use the R2 versions of MOC and CWA to communicate / collaborate, assuming the necessary R2 server roles are in place.

Hope this helps. Do let us know. Thanks.

http://www.leedesmond.com
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 9:20 PM
  • Thanks, perhaps I couldbe a bit more specific.  Will R2 audio bridging capabilities work with a R2 FE, R1 mediation server and R1 Edge?
    Friday, May 15, 2009 5:49 PM