none
802.11b sample code you provided is not working.

Question

• i'm trying to set a experiment where a standard 802.11b card and SORA with 802.11b sample code can be communicated.

in order to do this, at first, i've installed WINDDK, SORA SDK 1.0.2, SORA SDK 802.11b sample code, and i register 802.11b network card on my computer successfully as you explained.

But, on side of standard 802.11b client, i can't set up easily because README11b.txt file is corrupted(for instance, some characters are corrupted), so it is not easy to understand what to do so.

these are my questions at this point.

1. Is "winfconfig" instruction the word you really want to say? i tried to figure out what "winfconfig" is, but i failed. Please tell me what it is and where i can get this program.

2. In README11b.txt file, "standard peer setup" part is likely to say how to set adhoc network using 802.11b network on window system. If so, can i make adhoc network on linux system?

3. when i set SORA 802.11b sample client' parameters up, i set IP, subnet mask and datarate. is this right setting to communicate other clients?? if not, are there any other parameters i should set up?

i will await to receive responses for my questions. please help~

Thursday, July 8, 2010 2:19 AM

Answers

• Dear Jihun,

This is a mistake in README11b.txt, we were trying to introduce how to set up adhoc networking using 802.11b card on Windows but we actually are not able to provide the tools and drivers. We are revising the readme11b.txt and will post it in the forum later. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The suggested demo scenario are (1) one Sora talks with another in adhoc mode (2) Sora talks with a commercial 802.11b card using adhoc mode in Linux system. The first one is straightforward. For the second one, I think you can use Madwifi to set up an adhoc network.

answers for your questions:

1. please ignore it.

2. Yes. you can make adhoc network on linux system.

3. another paramter is BSSID, our setting in the 802.11b sample is "sdr".

Monday, July 12, 2010 7:47 AM

All replies

• I have the same question with Jihun.

However, in setup a Sora peer and in step c, I don't know about "winfconfig" which stops me from building a Sora wifi peer.

Look forward to your answer, thanks!

Thursday, July 8, 2010 9:04 AM
  • Dear Jihun,

This is a mistake in README11b.txt, we were trying to introduce how to set up adhoc networking using 802.11b card on Windows but we actually are not able to provide the tools and drivers. We are revising the readme11b.txt and will post it in the forum later. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The suggested demo scenario are (1) one Sora talks with another in adhoc mode (2) Sora talks with a commercial 802.11b card using adhoc mode in Linux system. The first one is straightforward. For the second one, I think you can use Madwifi to set up an adhoc network.

answers for your questions:

1. please ignore it.

2. Yes. you can make adhoc network on linux system.

3. another paramter is BSSID, our setting in the 802.11b sample is "sdr".

Monday, July 12, 2010 7:47 AM