I have bought three copies of Windows XP over the last 3 years but have no disk! RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

Can anyone help me. I have bought three copies with equipment (2 Laptops and one PC) over the last three years but now have no genuine windows because by accident when reformatting my hard drive on PC I wiped the whole hard drive including the partition with the windows program on it. My laptop is broken and therefore I cannot access that copy my other lap top stolen. And none of the companies Hewlett Packard or Toshiba provided disks with the program on I do have however the serial numbers for the lap top Windows XP Professional and the serial number for the PC which used Windows XP Home Edition.

Is there anything I can do as I have had to borrow a copy of Windows XP from someone and this is not a genuine copy.

Thanks

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 10:09 AM

Answers

•  ginaapple wrote:

Hi

Can anyone help me. I have bought three copies with equipment (2 Laptops and one PC) over the last three years but now have no genuine windows because by accident when reformatting my hard drive on PC I wiped the whole hard drive including the partition with the windows program on it. My laptop is broken and therefore I cannot access that copy my other lap top stolen. And none of the companies Hewlett Packard or Toshiba provided disks with the program on I do have however the serial numbers for the lap top Windows XP Professional and the serial number for the PC which used Windows XP Home Edition.

Is there anything I can do as I have had to borrow a copy of Windows XP from someone and this is not a genuine copy.

Thanks

How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246/en-us

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 12:26 PM

All replies

•  ginaapple wrote:

Hi

Thanks

How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246/en-us

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 12:26 PM
  • Ginaapple,

You must contact HP and Toshiba tech support or customer service to see if they can supply recovery CD for your computers.

Or, try http://www.restoredisks.com or a Google search for other websites that might sell recovery CDs for computers.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 3:19 PM