VISTA VALIDATION ERROR RRS feed

• Question

• HELP......I just bougth a new Sony Vaio VGN SZ440 preloaded with Vista Home Premium with 2007 Small Business Office.  Everyone activated fine and worked fine. But I ran into problems when I tried to load software for my new Palm 700 wx smart phone from Sprint.  It gave me a error message concerning active sync and active x but it automatically redirected me to a Microsoft link with a work around. It was telling me to download Microsoft Mobile version 6.  But in order to download it made me validate.  When I click on the validate button it wouldnt work. I then tried the alternate method and it would not let me, It stated something about a problem with Active x.  What can I do.  HELP - PLEASE MY ADDITIONAL POST BELOW WITH ERROR CODE AND DIAGNOSTICS
    Sunday, April 15, 2007 2:33 AM

Answers

• Cause: Conflict between DNS Address of ISP especially Comcast and IP Address of Microsoft.

Resolution: Set Global IP Address for DNS Server manually.

Control Panel - Network Connection - Local Area Connection (Properties) - TCP/IP Properties
    Set IP Address for "Preffered DNS Server" as 4.2.2.2 and for "Alternate DNS Server" as 4.2.2.3

If the issue persists, try new user account.

Use article to create and transfer data from old user profile to new user profile http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

Sunday, April 15, 2007 3:30 AM

All replies

• Microsoft Genuine Advantage – Diagnostic Site: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag/default.aspx
    Sunday, April 15, 2007 3:12 AM
  • I forgot to add this error code 0x80080296.  Also I already visited the diagnostics and the following 3 things failed.

• WINDOWS VALIDATION ACTIVE X LOADED - FAILED
    • OFFICE VALIDATION ACTIVE X LOADED - FAILED
    • VAILIDATION SELF HELP ACTIVEX LOADED - FAILED
    Sunday, April 15, 2007 3:26 AM
  • Cause: Conflict between DNS Address of ISP especially Comcast and IP Address of Microsoft.

Resolution: Set Global IP Address for DNS Server manually.

Control Panel - Network Connection - Local Area Connection (Properties) - TCP/IP Properties
    Set IP Address for "Preffered DNS Server" as 4.2.2.2 and for "Alternate DNS Server" as 4.2.2.3

If the issue persists, try new user account.

Use article to create and transfer data from old user profile to new user profile http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

Sunday, April 15, 2007 3:30 AM
  • Carey...You are awesome....Your suggestion worked and Im so thankful you helped me. Thanks again.

Shane

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 12:23 PM
  • HELLPP!!! i just purchased the new sony VGN-CR290 vaio and i have the exact same problems as listed above. I am unable to download Microsoft Mobile to sync my palm treo 700wx.  I am getting the exact same error code when the I run the diagnostics test! I also have comcast as my internet service provider.  I tried changing the DNS server as stated above but vista is telling me that it is an invalid ip address. PLEASE HELP! thanks!

Saturday, October 6, 2007 6:52 AM