Error during Web Components Server Install RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

I'm installing OCS 2007 Standard R2 on a SBS 2008 server.  While installing the Web Components Server part of the setup, I run into this error "Failed to find node: /configuration/system.webServer/security/authentication/windowsAuthentication in XML file: C:\windows\system32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.conf  ig, system error: -2147020584".

This is my own server and am currently installing under the administrator account so I can rule out ACL issues.

What am I doing wrong?
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 4:00 AM

Answers

• Hello scratchproof

I never ever would try to install any version of OCS on a SBS. AFAIK it is NOT supported, but ...

found this related to your problem through searching the web:

----
    The issue should be caused by some corrupt data in C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config which makes the configuration XML file no longer well-formed and IIS cannot parse it.

Please check if there is a previous backup under:
    C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\backup\* . If there is, stop IIS services and copy the backup applicationHost.config and overwrite current corrupt one in \inetsrv\config .
    If there isn't any available backup file, please stop IIS services first and try uninstalling it again. Regardless if the uninstallation succeeds, please manually delete the \inetsrv directory under C:\Windows\System32 . Then please reboot the server to perform a clean reinstallation of IIS

For the IIS Backup ...
    http://www.issociate.de/board/post/482067/IIS7_won't_run_or_uninstall.html 

----

Take care and pay attention because IIS is used for other things also in SBS!!!

Cheers
    Werner
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 6:32 AM