none
ProBox Mediasonic HF2-SU2S2 with Home Servert RRS feed

• Question

• When I upgraded my system I turned my Dell Dimension E310 into a Home Server. I bought (2) 2TB external Drive (each drive has (2) 1TB hard drive within). Everything worked fine until my external drives started to fail (the drive fans couldn't keep up). So I decided to purchase Mediasonic HF2-SU2S2 a 4-Bay USB 2.0, 3.0 or eSATA enclosure complete with heavy duty fan. Every time a connect my Home Server freezes and doesn't seem t recognize the drives. any suggestion?
    Monday, September 6, 2010 11:00 PM

All replies

• How have you connected the ProBox?  eSata or USB?  If you connected with eSata, your eSata port must support port multiplication.  It appears the Dell e310 does not have an eSata port. 

Once again, need to know how you are connector WHS to the ProBox.

--

BullDawg
      In God We Trust
    When I upgraded my system I turned my Dell Dimension E310 into a Home Server. I bought (2) 2TB external Drive (each drive has (2) 1TB hard drive within). Everything worked fine until my external drives started to fail (the drive fans couldn't keep up). So I decided to purchase Mediasonic HF2-SU2S2 a 4-Bay USB 2.0, 3.0 or eSATA enclosure complete with heavy duty fan. Every time a connect my Home Server freezes and doesn't seem t recognize the drives. any suggestion?

BullDawg
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 12:27 AM