S&T 2011 - Order of Routes RRS feed

• General discussion

• Is there a way to keep the order of routes that are imported via an excel file. I want to import all my routes into S&T, and add them all as stops without changing the original order? I am running 2011.

Thanks,
    Phil

• Edited by philly212 Thursday, March 22, 2012 7:27 PM
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 7:24 PM

All replies

• No, that does not seem to be possible.

When you import route data, it comes only as pushpins.  If you combine multiple routes into multiple imports or even one import, the pushpins will not be connected by your previous routes.  S&T will compute a new route as an optimization of all those pushpins in a new order.  The pushpins from each route can be organized in separate pushpin sets for each route and a route can be computed for just that set but it will not respect your previous ordering.  And, if you have more than one set open at a time, it will still create one route by adding stops for the sets but again without respecting prior ordering.

This is a weakness of the product that has been pointed out over on www.laptopgpsworld.com and I believe is a long-standing wishlist request.

Friday, March 23, 2012 1:40 PM
  • Hi Philli212,

The following link is to a discussion where Larry (Microsoft) describes a work-around to re-order pushpin sets: Laptop GPS World.

Laptop GPS World

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:21 PM