OCS Proxy(Application Proxy) is for only Nortel PBX? RRS feed

• Question

• I heard there is OCS Proxy server.

Is OCS Proxy telephony integration for Nortel only?

Should OCS Proxy install by Nortel vender?
    Thursday, May 22, 2008 5:12 AM

All replies

• OCS 2007 Proxy is a OCS Server role and the intend is for it to used for applications on top of OCS 2007. As such it is not specific to the Nortel solution. Nortel's application, MCM, runs on top of the OCS 2007 Proxy.

best regards

Jens

Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:12 AM
  •  

Thank you for your help.

Because the engineer of a certain OCS said that he or she will not know OCS Proxy
    though I also thought so.

BTW, In what environment do you use it when the OCS proxy is used by the usages other than
    Nortel?

Best regards,

Yoshi

Thursday, May 22, 2008 1:28 PM
  • Hello Jens,

thank you for your explanation. Very interesting. I like to know more about the Server Role: OCS 2007 Proxy:
    1. it is not the OCS Edge Server Role?
    2. the installer for this Role is not included in the OCS2007 Standard or Enterprise Edition?
    3. it is a uaCSTA - ecma TR/87 gateway? Like the ESTOS CallControlGateway 2.0 for OCS. Or is Nortel's MCM a uaCSTA gateway?
    4. is the installer for this role available for the public?
    5. are there any config / setup documents available for the public?
    6. will this Role only support Nortel's MCM
    I remember that one of Nortel stated : "...it is a special server developed within the Nortel-Microsoft alliance, that translates uaCSTA to our PBX and vice versa...". Another thing, I cant exactly remember was like: "...in our demo its installed on the OCS Mediation Server...".

It would be nice, if it's true. Having a flexible, programmable  uaCSTA-Server hosted on the Mediation Server. Or even better, having it installed on a windows based IP-PBX...

I am waiting eagerly to read your answers It would be exciting, if the Proxy Role is, what I suppose...

Best regards,

Jan
    Thursday, May 29, 2008 9:15 AM
  • Oh, i guess i  have found a hint.

http://forums.microsoft.com/unifiedcommunications/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3393621&SiteID=57

It can only be installed via command prompt, in the .../setup/i386/setup folder:

server.msi SERVER=PROXY SKU=EE (for Enterprise) or SKU=SE (for standard addition)

Now im really impatient to see, what it is Smile

?Management, via cmd? or via MMC (Computer Management, services and apps) ?

Best regards,

Jan

Thursday, May 29, 2008 9:35 AM
  • Jens - can you explain if the SKU switch on the OCS Proxy install has any functionality bearing technically?  For example, you can specify either of the following cmds

Msiexec.exe /i Server.msi SERVER=PROXY SKU=SE or
    Msiexec.exe /i Server.msi SERVER=PROXY SKU=EE

The documentation below says to specify based on the media you are using but I'm wondering if functionally there is any issue with say installing it using an SE sku on a single proxy server that will interact with a pair of load balanced front-end servers?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb905885.aspx
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 6:47 PM