MS Office Product Key Validation before installation RRS feed

• Question

• I am a business owner and I recently purchased 40 HP computers, each with windows 7 and each with its own cd of MS Office home and Student 2013. in Other words I bought a copy of office for each computer. However, during installation some of my installers failed to write which pc they installed the MS Office on. They were to write this info on the disk cover so that I can tell that the disk has been used and that the product key attached to the disk is already on another machine. So far, the only way to tell is to actually install it, use the product key, then after some time, if they have already used that key, it will force me to go through a bit of a headache to simply change the product key. Is there a way to tell before I install the product if in fact that key has already been used?
    Friday, April 10, 2015 7:25 PM

Answers

• You may be able to get what you need, by this approach;

a) Open a Command Prompt (CMD)  [Hit the Start button and type in CMD, then hit Enter]
    b) If the Windows is 32-bit, paste the following line & press Enter, to display current licensing information/status:

cscript "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\ospp.vbs" /dstatus

c) If the Windows is 64-bit, paste the following line & press Enter, to display current licensing information/status:

cscript "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\ospp.vbs" /dstatus

Example:  [showing my Volume License MAK, and the last 5 characters of the Office2013ProPlus product key which I entered]

C:\Users\Don>cscript "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\ospp.vbs" /dstatus

Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.8
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

---Processing--------------------------
    ---------------------------------------
    SKU ID: 2b88c4f2-ea8f-43cd-805e-4d41346e18a7
    LICENSE NAME: Office 15, OfficeProPlusVL_MAK edition
    LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 15, RETAIL(MAK) channel
    LICENSE STATUS:  ---LICENSED---
    Last 5 characters of installed product key: QGKKV
    ---Exiting-----------------------------

C:\Users\Don>

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, April 11, 2015 3:55 AM