none
Error when syncing client against sql server: The specified change tracking operation is not supported. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

I have a project that was built around a year ago using sync framework version 1. At completion it worked fine.

However I have since come back to it to do some maintanance to find that if I build or publish it on my dev machine, the resulting application will not sync and instead I will get the exception:

"The specified change tracking operation is not supported. To carry out this operation on the table, disable the change tracking on the table, and enable the change tracking."

Which doesn't really make much sense to me!

I have checked the references in the project and I don't believe they have changed. The machine I am installing to has Sync Framework 1 SP1 installed, along with version 2.

I have an old installation of the application that still syncs fine. So the issue must be with the way the application is getting published, or the installed frameworks on the machines in questions.

I have the following references within the project:

Microsoft.Synchronization.Data Version 1.0.0.0

Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.Server Version 1.0.0.0

Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe Version 3.5.0.0

System.Data.SqlServerCe Version 3.5.1.0

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:52 AM

All replies

• you might want to compare the location of the files being referenced from the working copy and the non-working copy. im guessing its either the version of SQL CE or the SQLCE provider.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 3:12 PM
  • If it is the version of SQL CE in use then is it possible to have two installed at once?

Thursday, March 17, 2011 4:35 PM