none
Windows 10 upgrade within VMWare Fusion

Question

• I recently upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10 from within VMWare Fusion on my Macbook Air. The image was huge. It was about 45 GB as apposed to the 10 GB on a clean Windows 10 VMWare Fusion install. The Activation process worked just fine until I tried to do a clean re-install using VMWare Fusion in an attempt to get rid of the excess stuff from the Windows 7 upgrade. The clean install won't activate. I assumed that the hardware would be registered and I could do a clean install like on a standard PC as long as the hardware doesn't change. Can someone tell me how to activate my upgrade or help me understand how to clean up the Win 7 upgrade? I saved a copy of my Windows 7 upgrade image.
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Monday, November 30, 2015 3:44 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Wednesday, November 25, 2015 3:17 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, November 30, 2015 3:43 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Sandbox forum is designed for users to try out the new forums functionality. Please be respectful of others, and do not expect replies to questions asked here.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, November 30, 2015 3:42 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Monday, November 30, 2015 3:43 PM