cant validate windows xp to install media player 11 RRS feed

• Question

• hi i cant seem to get my genuine windows to validate ,i have been sent a winupsecure.bat file and run it ,
    but i still cant get to the www.microsoft.com/genuine.   site internet explorer just freezeswhen ever i try,
    now i have three ligit windows xp disks that i purchased with my computers and my desktop version has been validated when it was installed.
    so i see no reason why i cant update to mediaplayer 11 (well i can but it tells me to validate my windows before it will run.
    i really do need this to be sorted out

so any help would be good thank you
    Friday, March 16, 2007 10:33 AM

Answers

• Firass,

Right now, your computer has a Volume Licensing edition of XP Pro installed (Line 8), and that installation was done with a now-blocked Volume Licensing Key (VLK) (Line 2).  VLKs are blocked by Microsoft at the request of the original keyholder for such reasons as the key was lost, stolen, compromised, misused, or expired.  Also, MS may have blocked the key if it notices a pattern of misuse, ie, more installations of XP using that key than authorized.

As a rule, VL editions of XP should not be sold to individual consumers.  Businesses, schools and gov'ts normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers.  Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.

This is why you were seeing the "software counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of XP is an unauthorized installation.

More bad news:  Your Office 2007 Enterprise installation is showing as Nongenuine with a Blocked VLK (Office status=114 means nongenuine).  If this comes as a surprise to you, please go back to where you purchased the installed copy of Office and let them know that it is a counterfeit copy and that you demand the genuine copy that you paid for, or a refund.  In any case, please uninstall the nongenuine installation of Office 2007 as soon as possible.

Look on the computer or in the materials that came with your computer or with your retail Windows purchase to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or for another verison of Windows?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for?  Click here:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Sunday, March 18, 2007 12:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Wonderdog,

In order to recieve the best support, we request all users initially run the Genuine Diagnostics tool to try and identify the issue you may be having.

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a response message in this thread.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:
    1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Program Manager

--------------------------------------------------------

All Users: Please go to http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1255325&SiteID=25 before posting a question.

Friday, March 16, 2007 8:06 PM
  • thanks darin but i have downloaded

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

and it will not run it locks up it seems like none of the stuff i need to use to validate will run on this computer

i have windows xp service pack 2

i am not to sure about oem as i only play stuff that i ligit,
    the computer is a dell without the dell version of windows as they install it in such a way i could not load programs i wanted,
    so if you could be a bit more specific on what you mean original equipment  manufacturer.
     as i am not sure on this point.

so i would like to give you more information ,but it seems a bit hard to do if none of your authentication protocols will run

Friday, March 16, 2007 11:09 PM
  • Hi again Wonderdog,

Try going to http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/diag/ and click the “Start Diagnostic" button. If the tool finds any issues, click the "Resolve Now" button. The tool will, most likely, resolve the issue on it's own or will provide you further instructions.

If you have problems with the site, I suggest opening a WGA support request at https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?c1=509&gprid=9860

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Program Manager

All Users: Please go to http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1255325&SiteID=25 before posting a question.

Friday, March 16, 2007 11:22 PM
  • ok i guess i will have to do that this is the most frustrating aspect of windows,

i have tried phone support (4 hours on the phone no joy)
    i am trying here i dont see why i have to validate a validated version of windows,

internet explorer will not open any of your validation sites

any way i shall try the site posted and see what they can come up with
    Saturday, March 17, 2007 12:02 AM
  • well that was a failure I.E wont even open that page.

Saturday, March 17, 2007 12:17 AM
  •  wonderdog wrote:
    hi i cant seem to get my genuine windows to validate ,i have been sent a winupsecure.bat file and run it ,
    but i still cant get to the www.microsoft.com/genuine.>snip<

Wonderdog,

I am not familiar with that file, winupsecure.bat.

Who sent it to you, and why, and what was the file supposed to accomplish by running it?

Thanks!

Saturday, March 17, 2007 3:49 PM
  • Icant Install The media player 11 Help me

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Blocked VLK
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-233QF-RRXC7-VF7TY
    Windows Product Key Hash: SfGKCiC9MTRVs5DwjilJ7yqstuM=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-647-9588401-23409
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: df3eaa20-6f4e-4758-adbb-476eba31ec26
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.18.1
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 3
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.18.1
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 103 Blocked VLK
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics:

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings:
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>df3eaa20-6f4e-4758-adbb-476eba31ec26</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-VF7TY</PKey><PID>55274-647-9588401-23409</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1417001333-2049760794-725345543</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>GBT___</Manufacturer><Model>AWRDACPI</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Award Software International, Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>6.00 PG</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20050701000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>C1F23A4701844E4D</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Arab Standard Time(GMT+03:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>103</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>103</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>ACD7202654E586</Val><Hash>fFic3JgCreGGRxyF8uMWB4R4Jcg=</Hash><Pid>89388-707-1528066-65920</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Saturday, March 17, 2007 5:51 PM
  • Firass,

Right now, your computer has a Volume Licensing edition of XP Pro installed (Line 8), and that installation was done with a now-blocked Volume Licensing Key (VLK) (Line 2).  VLKs are blocked by Microsoft at the request of the original keyholder for such reasons as the key was lost, stolen, compromised, misused, or expired.  Also, MS may have blocked the key if it notices a pattern of misuse, ie, more installations of XP using that key than authorized.

As a rule, VL editions of XP should not be sold to individual consumers.  Businesses, schools and gov'ts normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers.  Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.

This is why you were seeing the "software counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of XP is an unauthorized installation.

More bad news:  Your Office 2007 Enterprise installation is showing as Nongenuine with a Blocked VLK (Office status=114 means nongenuine).  If this comes as a surprise to you, please go back to where you purchased the installed copy of Office and let them know that it is a counterfeit copy and that you demand the genuine copy that you paid for, or a refund.  In any case, please uninstall the nongenuine installation of Office 2007 as soon as possible.

Look on the computer or in the materials that came with your computer or with your retail Windows purchase to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or for another verison of Windows?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for?  Click here:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Sunday, March 18, 2007 12:37 AM
  • it was emailed to me from microsoft phone support ,
    it was supposed to replace missing files or something like that so i could validate  my xp home,.

i still cant get it to validate i went to the site you told me to go to but have recieved no reply although they state within 24 hours,it has been a week now,

this is becoming very frustrating ,

so i still need help to validate my windows
    Thursday, March 22, 2007 3:00 AM
  • so the question still remains why cant i run this program to get the diagnostic info you want,(mgadiag) as posted ,it installs but freezes when i try to run it

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

when i try to go here.

http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/diag/

I.E locks up and wont load the page.

as instructed i posted on here .

https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?c1=509&gprid=9860

but have had no reply.

i have tried with firewall up
    i have tried with firewall down

same result so it is not my firewall blocking them from loading or running

kind regards
           Rex
    Friday, March 23, 2007 6:54 AM
  • ok we have a soulution,

the way i solved this problem was to boot into safe mode with networking.

open the admin account

then open internet explorer

then type in
                          www.microsoft.com/genuine
    opened the page and clicked validate windows..

and it went through,so i am now validated

dont know why i hade to do it in safe mode ,but hey who cares it worked

Friday, March 23, 2007 8:27 AM
  • hey i was wondering i recently uninstalled windows media player 11 after a bug occured. now i am unable to install it back, the problem being my copy of xp media centre is not valid. i click on the link above and it said my copy is valid. =S help?

thanks, dave

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 4:59 AM
  • Hi

I Validated My Copy Of Windows By a new CD Key And It Worked

Now I Can Install Windows Media Player 11 ^_^

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 11:37 AM
  • hi I can't get my genuine windows to validate my windows media player 11.

Thursday, April 17, 2008 9:13 PM