CRM 4 RTM Outlook client installation issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I try to install the CRM 4 RTM Outlook client on my XP SP2 workstation. Outlook 2007 is installed.

Exchange Server is not installed on the workstation.

The installation complains with the following message:

"Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook cannot be installed on a computer where Microsoft Exchange Server versions prior to Exchange Server 2007 are installed."

What can I do to continue the installation?

Regards

Jacques

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 5:58 PM

Answers

•  

I wonder what the CRM for Outlook installation is checking. Perhaps you have the Exchange Server Administration tools installed and that's what is upsetting the installation?

I presume that you've had a good look through Add/Remove Programs and your Program Files directory to see what might be causing the problem.

Thursday, December 27, 2007 8:57 AM

All replies

•  

I wonder what the CRM for Outlook installation is checking. Perhaps you have the Exchange Server Administration tools installed and that's what is upsetting the installation?

I presume that you've had a good look through Add/Remove Programs and your Program Files directory to see what might be causing the problem.

Thursday, December 27, 2007 8:57 AM
  • Yes Exchange Admin 2003 was installed but I removed it when I got the CRM install message.

Using Sysinternals Process Monitor to see what the install program was checking I found that it searched the hard drive for some Mapi related files:

MapiSvc.inf, and MSMAPI32.DLL.

The MSMAPI32.DLL file is present on my workstation but it belongs to Outlook 2007.

I removed this file then retried the install with no luck.

So I guess the install program should be looking for some Registry entries too.

I have opened a ticket wit Microsoft and I will wait for their answer.

Thursday, December 27, 2007 12:06 PM
  • I am also having this same issue, and have not started troubleshooting it yet.  Looking forward to an updated after you hear back from Microsoft.  I did try adding "IgnoreChecks DWORD = 1" to the MSCRM registry entry that enables the EDW to proceed even with errors, this did not work either.

Friday, January 4, 2008 11:09 PM
  • Wednesday, March 19, 2008 12:34 AM
  • Here is solution and it will fix the problem

Open registry editor.
    Export everything under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange key.
    Delete the key.
    Install CRM client and then re-import the key back in.

Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:26 PM