none
Trouble installing TFS Plug-In for Eclipse on a Mac RRS feed

• Question

• I'm a new Eclipse user looking to hook up Eclipse with our institutional TFS/Git environment. I'm running Mac OSX (10.12.6) and Eclipse (2019-03 (4.11.0)) and was looking to install the MS TFS plugin, using the following various instructions, e.g., via Marketplace, via New Software and local installation from a Zip file (TFSEclipsePlugin-UpdateSiteArchive-14.134.0.zip).  All installations seemed to run without a hitch.

Everything goes as advertised, but when I restart as directed, I am never able to get the plugin to appear either in a View or a Perspective. When I try to reinstall, it tells me it is already installed.

If I look in plugs tab of my workspace, I can see something like 29 TFS items installed. I also see "Team Explorer" under the software tab under "About Eclipse/Installation details" - but it doesn't appear under the plug-ins tab in that dialog.

I've tried installing through Marketplace, locally with a zip file and via "New software" - all installations seem to run fine, but the plugin just never appears as a View or Perspective.

Looking deeper, I found an entry similar to this one for all of the TFS Plug-in components:

!MESSAGE Failed to find a configured bundleInfo for: [R]com.microsoft.tfs.checkinpolicies 14.134.0.201804261732.

Any suggestions on getting this into a useable state (i.e., as a view or perspective) would be greatly appreciated!

Thursday, April 18, 2019 5:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Tiggyboo,

Thanks for posting here.

To provide more professional support for members with TFS issues, the TFS forum have been moved to DC forum since 2017. Please check this state in Team Foundation Server - Eclipse and Cross Platform forum(Archived).

According to your description, I suggest you open a new thread on Developer Community or StackOverFlow with TFS tag, more tfs members there would make help for you.

In addition: Maybe this doc: Get the Eclipse plug-in makes a guidance for you.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

And if you have any issues about VS extension, please feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day :)

Best Regards

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 19, 2019 5:43 AM