OFF TOPIC: System Idle Process RRS feed

• General discussion

• My computer recently seemed to get a mind of its own.  Everything slowed down, except the processor, which seemed to be working more than usual.  According to Taskmanager, the System Idle Process is using over 90% of available memory.  Any suggestions how to get the System Idle Process to only run when I'm actually idle?
    Friday, May 4, 2007 1:25 AM

Answers

• Syatem Idle Process is actually the percent of processor time available to process system tasks when the system is not in use. This would not be the cause of a system slow down. You might look at other processes and the amount of memory or cpu they are using to find the cause of slow down.
    Friday, May 4, 2007 4:05 AM

All replies

• Syatem Idle Process is actually the percent of processor time available to process system tasks when the system is not in use. This would not be the cause of a system slow down. You might look at other processes and the amount of memory or cpu they are using to find the cause of slow down.
    Friday, May 4, 2007 4:05 AM
  • ahm,what is the most common source or cause why "system idle process" increases?...because one major problem with my conputer..is that my computer just stops and hangs..and all the programs going "not responding" mode..and when i looked at "Task Manager".."System Idle Process" goes to from 97%-99% of mem usage...can you tell me what's the problem with my computer?
    Tuesday, August 7, 2007 1:38 PM