Help with so many things...PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ASAP!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• OK for the past several months my computer just automatically stopped doing updates. I am not able to back up and restore, open updates, set up another user account, my flash just stopped working about 5 or 6 days ago...I have installed and reinstalled Adobe Flash but nothing happens, cannot play games...It's almost rendered everything useless.. I have only downloaded one thing recently and that was the "Windows Steady State" and had no problems really and I have no idea why my flash has stopped working. I cannot change desktop theme, change font, well just about everything on the control panel except uninstall a program or change the DPI and that is all my pc will let me do...It is like it has stopped recognizing me as the administrator...When I do, say for example, click on update or click on back up and restore my curser just goes around in a circle and that is all. I have visited the adobe site so many times lately regarding Flash Player and Microsoft IE for flash as an add on but still nothing...I am so FRUSTRATED and ANGRY I could pull out my hair. I have written to Microsoft, The Adobe support sites but to no avail I only get a link to redirect me to a site to where I have no idea what on earth they are talking about...You could say I am pretty much computer illerate, I need to hear things in layman terminology I guess. Could someone please try to help me or has anyone ever experienced anything like this before and found out what to do please post a thread to this help question? I have no where else to turn at all so I am totally PLEADING for someone's help please before I end up in a pscyh hospital. I have Windows Vista, 32 bit, IE 7, 512 RAM
    Shayden V. Halen
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 2:32 AM

Answers

• OK for the past several months my computer just automatically stopped doing updates. I am not able to back up and restore, open updates, set up another user account, my flash just stopped working about 5 or 6 days ago...I have installed and reinstalled Adobe Flash but nothing happens, cannot play games...It's almost rendered everything useless.. I have only downloaded one thing recently and that was the "Windows Steady State" and had no problems really and I have no idea why my flash has stopped working. I cannot change desktop theme, change font, well just about everything on the control panel except uninstall a program or change the DPI and that is all my pc will let me do...It is like it has stopped recognizing me as the administrator...When I do, say for example, click on update or click on back up and restore my curser just goes around in a circle and that is all. I have visited the adobe site so many times lately regarding Flash Player and Microsoft IE for flash as an add on but still nothing...I am so FRUSTRATED and ANGRY I could pull out my hair. I have written to Microsoft, The Adobe support sites but to no avail I only get a link to redirect me to a site to where I have no idea what on earth they are talking about...You could say I am pretty much computer illerate, I need to hear things in layman terminology I guess. Could someone please try to help me or has anyone ever experienced anything like this before and found out what to do please post a thread to this help question? I have no where else to turn at all so I am totally PLEADING for someone's help please before I end up in a pscyh hospital. I have Windows Vista, 32 bit, IE 7, 512 RAM
    Shayden V. Halen

Hi,

These are the Windows Home Server forums. You'll find more help in the Windows Vista Forums where there are Windows Vista MVPs.

Thanks!
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 3:10 AM

All replies

Shayden V. Halen

Hi,

These are the Windows Home Server forums. You'll find more help in the Windows Vista Forums where there are Windows Vista MVPs.

Thanks!
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 3:10 AM
    Shayden V. Halen

This forum is for Windows Home Server.  You should post your question in the Vista forums.  Having said that, considering all of apparent problems you are having, my suggestion would be to backup all of your data, then reinstall Windows from the recovery discs that should have come with your computer.
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 3:11 AM