having trouble RRS feed

• Question

•  

i cannot clear the printing queue and i do not know how. there is nothing in my printer queue and i do not know what to do. if you can help me at all with this please e-mail me at jdoerschlag@yahoo.com i use that e-mail so plz send me any info on how to

here is what happend

went to windows on care

the stauts was fair

went to fix

problem clear the printing queue

try to fix

every time i tried to fix the windows fixing window would stop working.....

i do not know what is happening so please send me a e-mail thanks

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 6:16 AM

Answers

All replies

• Please contact support for help with this problem - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 1:16 PM
  • I have been searching for a way to stop a recurring Windows One Care process.

Everytime I reboot the computer and sometimes without doing so Windows One Care indicates my attention is needed and shows a "Fair" status. 

I am then instructed to "Clear the print queue" by "Fix".

When I do that Windows One Care changes it status to "Good" until the next time the condition begins again.

I want to be clear this has nothing to do with any printing - it happens with no print activity.

Mr. Microsoft advisor, please don't give me the truly silly instruction to use the Windows One Care help - it's completely worthless and time wasting with no reference whatever to this problem.

If this does not get resolved I am going to stop using the service and will not renew.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 3:09 PM
  • Go to Control Panel Printers in Windows and right click each of your printers, selecting properties. Go to the advanced tab and make sure that "Keep printed documents" is not checked.

Normally, jobs sent to the printer are spooled in the print queue and then deleted from the print queue once complete. For some reason, you have print jobs stacking up in the queue due to being saved or because the print spooler doesn't know that they have completed or because they failed to complete printing. OneCare monitors this and advises you to clear the print queue (doing it for you with the "Fix It" button) to keep your PC performing well. So, even though OneCare is annoying you with this regular status change, the issue is something other than OneCare that needs to be addressed by you.

If you need help with this, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:14 PM
  • Check out the following website, it might help:

http://bluebones.net/2004/04/clear-print-queue-windows/#comment-24250

The fix on this website worked for me; Windows XP using a local HP Laserjet 1020 printer with a doc stuck in the queue:

Clear Print Queue (Windows)

So you cancel a print job using Document, Cancel. But it just won’t disappear and nothing will come out of the printer (all queued behind the “deleting” job). Simple answer: restart the “Print Spooler” service. Either in Administrative Tools (Control Panel or Start Menu) or using net stop "Print Spooler" then net start "Print Spooler" at a command prompt. Easy, but it was driving me mad.

Good luck!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 6:43 PM