Office 2010 activation keys issue RRS feed

• Question

• I am a dealer and have purchase around 30 Microsoft Office 2010 Professional digital download keys from ITDirectdeals.com. Initially 5 keys when purchased installation went smooth. Later on we had installation issue while activating online. Later on after 6 months one by one keys are getting blocked by Microsoft. When we inquired the reason for blocking the keys they reasoned out that the product key was activated 15 times and hence it is blocked..

Now I fail to understand that the keys were purchased from www.itdirectdeals.com ( authorized microsoft dealer partner ) and the how come keys were activated multiple times before we used it.  The online store denies any wrongdoing. So whom to address the issue.

Nimish Zaveri. 

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 7:01 PM

Answers

• From what I can see on their site, the likelihood is that all their products are counterfeits - certainly their Windows 7 Pro items are.

Becoming a Microsoft Partner is a matter of filling in a form - it does NOT imply that they are approved or in any way officially associated with MS (I am a Partner, for instance, but the closest association I currently have with MS is on these forums as an unpaid volunteer).

I'm afraid that your only chance is to pursue the vendor for fraud.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Thursday, September 10, 2015 4:07 PM

All replies

• From what I can see on their site, the likelihood is that all their products are counterfeits - certainly their Windows 7 Pro items are.

Becoming a Microsoft Partner is a matter of filling in a form - it does NOT imply that they are approved or in any way officially associated with MS (I am a Partner, for instance, but the closest association I currently have with MS is on these forums as an unpaid volunteer).

I'm afraid that your only chance is to pursue the vendor for fraud.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Thursday, September 10, 2015 4:07 PM
  • It may be that the folks you purchased the pirated product key from sold those same product keys to others.  One should never conduct business with anyone without doing some basic vetting of the seller.

Carey Frisch

Friday, September 11, 2015 12:56 PM