WM6 Email Attachment Security RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Mobile Outlook through my Exchange Server at work on my VX6800.  When I receive e-mails from people in my company, my phone will not open any attachments - . pdf, word, etc. due to security settings.  I know these come from secure sources and I've got to be able to review documents while out of the Office. I cannot find any place to adjust these security settings.  What are my options?

Thursday, July 10, 2008 6:30 PM

All replies

• I just sent a note to friend that might be able to answer this for you WAR_GA.  Give it a day or so...

Saturday, July 12, 2008 2:45 AM
  •  

So you only have this issue when from users in your company, when you get an e-mail from an external sender with an attachment it opens fine?  Security settings like those are pushed down from the exchange server so you need to talk with your IT team and see if they can loosen the security for you.
    Monday, July 14, 2008 3:45 AM
  • Thanks Eric!

WAR_GA, let us know if that happens and if you are up and running.

Friday, July 18, 2008 3:48 AM
  • I have 5 phones in my company utilizing Windows Mobile / Outlook through exchange server.  Three are Palm's and both mine and my wife's are Verizon VX6800's.  The Palm's can open attachments, as can my wife who has a phone identical to mine (including software).  Our network administrator set up all of our exchange accounts, and I assume they are the same. 

I contacted Verizon with the problem, and they said their in house knowledge base said the solution was 1. soft reset (didn't work) and hard reset.  I guess I'll have to try that . . . .

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 2:07 PM
  • Sometimes the Hard Reset does the trick ... it cures a myriad of ills.  Don't forget to do a backup if you want to restore it in case it does not work.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 3:57 AM
  •  

Yes sometimes I've run across issues where only a hard reset could cure the problem, especially when I install/uninstall various programs.  I wish there was a better way but there are times where I found a hard reset good because it allowed me to change things I would have otherwise not bothered.
    Thursday, July 24, 2008 2:28 AM
  • I agree with that Eric!  I often Hard Reset a device just to get rid of the "junk" I don't use anymore and get the effect of a "new" device.

Friday, July 25, 2008 1:12 AM