Onecare does not recognize IE 8 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi my Onecare does not know about IE8 it keeps telling me that I need to update my Internet Explorer to 7, of course when I try to do this it will not update because I have a latter version i.e. -  IE8.

I can't delete this version because there is no remove button in Add or Remove programs for IE8.

Does anybody know how I can either remove IE8 from my system so that I can go back to IE7 or anyway that I can force Onecare to accept IE8.

I have been onto Onecare support and they told me to come here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and ask you guys.

Many thanks for reading even if you cant help me.

Ron

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 12:19 PM

Answers

• Hello Ronbon, if you installed IE8 beta before installing IE7 you can uninstall IE8 by going to add/remove programs, check the box on top that says "Show updates", find IE8 and uninstall it. Then go to Windows Update and scan for updates and you should be offered IE7. After IE& is installed you can then install IE8 beta.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 12:41 PM

All replies

• Hello Ronbon, if you installed IE8 beta before installing IE7 you can uninstall IE8 by going to add/remove programs, check the box on top that says "Show updates", find IE8 and uninstall it. Then go to Windows Update and scan for updates and you should be offered IE7. After IE& is installed you can then install IE8 beta.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 12:41 PM
  • Hi Jim thanks for the reply but that is no good I already tried that and there is no Remove button on IE8 in Add or Remove on XP controll panel. Ron

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 12:50 PM
  • Ron, using XP you should have a very long list of installed updates and it can be easily overlooked.It should be listed as "Windows Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2." 

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 12:57 PM
  • Wednesday, December 3, 2008 1:01 PM
  • Hi Jim, yes it's there as "Windows Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2"  but there is no Remove button so I can't uninstall it.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 1:30 PM
  • Ron, use the link in my earlier post for IE8 beta help.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 1:34 PM
  • Hi Jim, just been into the link you sent but it's for North America only

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 2:07 PM