Matching Job with the Computational Node RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I have one HPC Job and a list of HPC computational nodes.  Is there any API which can tell me that which nodes are suitable for this job (basically on which nodes this job can run)? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Puneet 

Puneet Sharma

Monday, September 25, 2017 1:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

in HPC Pack, we treat this differently. The API is for the developer, and he will not know what nodes are suitable for the application when he is do development as when the job is running in a cluster, the environment are totally different.

In HPC Pack, the cluster admin can categorize his compute resource with different "node groups". There are already built-in node groups such as "headnode", "linuxnodes"..., cluster admin can add more node groups for his nodes for example, "GPUnodes", "CloudNodes", "OpenFoamNodes"... And cluster admin can also create job template to associate with these node groups, for example, "bigOpenFoamJobTemplate", "MatlabjobTemplate"

And when user submit a job, he can choose the right "job template" to submit the job, and the job will be constrained by the job template which has defined node group information. He can also choose the node group directly for his job thus the job will be run only on those resources that he thinks is suitable for his job.

Hope this helps 

Qiufang Shi

• Marked as answer by PuneetSharma035 Wednesday, September 27, 2017 7:58 PM
    Monday, September 25, 2017 3:07 AM