sending e-mail to customers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I need help with sending e-mails to our customers from CRM.

Generally, I need our customers to be able to confirm the resolution of activity task which he ordered. And I don´t know how can

I do it in CRM.

I simply want to send an e-mail to our customer with request to confirm activity task (entity of CRM) which is attached to e-mail. Problem is that I don´t know how I can attach activity task to e-mail and how to display it to customer, so that he can connfirm it.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009 11:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

When customers report an issue. I would recommend that you create a case in MS CRM. Cases are a perfect way to log and track issues reported by customers. When a case is created in MS CRM a Case number is automatically generated. You can setup a workflow in MS CRM that sends the case number to the customer so that the customer knows that the issue they reported has been logged in your organization and someone in due course will be assigned to look at the issue. 

Your support staff can then gather more information about the issue and log it against the case. When a case is resolved you can send the customer an email with the case number so that they can confirm that it is ok for you to close the case. 

Following this approch you will not need to attach anything with the email. Just provide the customer a case number.

If for billing purposes you need to provide the customer will a list of all activities performed against the case then you can do this easily by doing an advanced find and exporting the result set to an excel file. (Note that all activities with the regarding field set to the case will be assocaited with the case). You can if you want attach this file with your email and send it to the customer.

appreciate that you might know some of this stuff already.

Hassan.

Hassan Hussain | http://hassanhussain.wordpress.com/
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 12:00 PM
  • hi look at the eservice accelarerator taht can be downloaded form codeplex.com/crmaccelerators.

Beacause your customers are outside your CRM system.

create a solution where you can publish there orders,they can view it.
    The link that you attached in the email will take them to the web-portal so thay can see it.

just remember for this to work you will have to have a CRM external connector license should the customer update crm data.
    Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 3:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When customers report an issue. I would recommend that you create a case in MS CRM. Cases are a perfect way to log and track issues reported by customers. When a case is created in MS CRM a Case number is automatically generated. You can setup a workflow in MS CRM that sends the case number to the customer so that the customer knows that the issue they reported has been logged in your organization and someone in due course will be assigned to look at the issue. 

Your support staff can then gather more information about the issue and log it against the case. When a case is resolved you can send the customer an email with the case number so that they can confirm that it is ok for you to close the case. 

Following this approch you will not need to attach anything with the email. Just provide the customer a case number.

If for billing purposes you need to provide the customer will a list of all activities performed against the case then you can do this easily by doing an advanced find and exporting the result set to an excel file. (Note that all activities with the regarding field set to the case will be assocaited with the case). You can if you want attach this file with your email and send it to the customer.

appreciate that you might know some of this stuff already.

Hassan.

Hassan Hussain | http://hassanhussain.wordpress.com/
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 12:00 PM
  • hi look at the eservice accelarerator taht can be downloaded form codeplex.com/crmaccelerators.

Beacause your customers are outside your CRM system.

create a solution where you can publish there orders,they can view it.
    The link that you attached in the email will take them to the web-portal so thay can see it.

just remember for this to work you will have to have a CRM external connector license should the customer update crm data.
    Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 3:35 AM