System error message after having saved changes. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I'm using Steady State in a pc lab with Windows XP SP2.
    Disk protection is activated.

When I save changes and then reactivate "discard changes", on the next boot everything works well, but I always get the following message box: "The system has been restored because of a serious error" (in the Italian original:"Il sistema è stato ripristinato in seguito a un errore grave"), which asks me if I want to send a communication to Microsoft about the issue".

Is this a known  and harmless bug and/or is there any way not to get that message again?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Monday, February 4, 2008 11:09 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Clacassino,

Thank you for posting here!

This should be a general Windows XP crash error. As this forum focuses on SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows XP public newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Based on my research, this issue is usually caused by software or driver conflicts. You can perform a Clean Boot to check the result:

Clean Boot

-----------------------------

Let’s disable all startup items and third party services when booting. This method will help us determine if this issue is caused by a loading program or service. Please perform the following steps:

1. Click Start, go to Run, and type "msconfig" in the open box to start the System Configuration Utility.

2. Click the Services tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click Disable All

3. Click the Startup tab, click Disable All and click OK.

Then, restart your computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and click OK.

4. Please check this issue again.

How to return from a Clean Boot state

---------------------

1. Click "Start"->"Run", type "MSCONFIG" (without quotation marks) and press ENTER.

2. On the "General" tab, click "Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services".

3. Click "OK". Click Restart when you are prompted to restart your computer.

Some other find for your reference:

XP crashes and reboots: Errorcode; 1000008e

http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-60037-XP-crashes-and-reboots-Errorcode-1000008e.html

Error Message: The System Has Recovered from a Serious Problem

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316424

Best Regards,

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 9:33 AM

All replies

•  clacassino wrote:
    Hi,
    I'm using Steady State in a pc lab with Windows XP SP2.
    Disk protection is activated.

When I save changes and then reactivate "discard changes", on the next boot everything works well, but I always get the following message box: "The system has been restored because of a serious error" (in the Italian original:"Il sistema è stato ripristinato in seguito a un errore grave"), which asks me if I want to send a communication to Microsoft about the issue".

Is this a known  and harmless bug and/or is there any way not to get that message again?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sorry, I forgot to post the Error Identifier:

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : F73FA008 BCP3 : F709BB70

BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Hope it could be useful.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 10:56 AM
  •  

Hi Clacassino,

Thank you for posting here!

This should be a general Windows XP crash error. As this forum focuses on SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows XP public newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Based on my research, this issue is usually caused by software or driver conflicts. You can perform a Clean Boot to check the result:

Clean Boot

-----------------------------

Let’s disable all startup items and third party services when booting. This method will help us determine if this issue is caused by a loading program or service. Please perform the following steps:

1. Click Start, go to Run, and type "msconfig" in the open box to start the System Configuration Utility.

2. Click the Services tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click Disable All

3. Click the Startup tab, click Disable All and click OK.

Then, restart your computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and click OK.

4. Please check this issue again.

How to return from a Clean Boot state

---------------------

1. Click "Start"->"Run", type "MSCONFIG" (without quotation marks) and press ENTER.

2. On the "General" tab, click "Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services".

3. Click "OK". Click Restart when you are prompted to restart your computer.

Some other find for your reference:

XP crashes and reboots: Errorcode; 1000008e

http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-60037-XP-crashes-and-reboots-Errorcode-1000008e.html

Error Message: The System Has Recovered from a Serious Problem

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316424

Best Regards,

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 9:33 AM
  • Thak you for your help, Mr. Shao.

I'm trying as soon as possible the procedure you have suggested and then let you know if I could solve the issue.

Best regards.

Ugo Peru
    Wednesday, February 13, 2008 9:48 AM