shared folders and win7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all
    I am using windows 7 and love it.  Just 1 thing that bugs the life out of me, the "Shared Folders on Server" icon that windows home server puts on your desktop, is there any way you can add it to the start menu say just under the "Computer" option. That way I wont have to minimize my windows every time I want to click on that link ?

Friday, July 17, 2009 9:51 AM

Answers

• hi olaf
    Yes I understand that but what i would like to do is put it on the right hand side of the start menu under "computer"

Any Ideas

You can't do that.  The closest you can get is to enable "Network" in the Start Menu (which, when you open it, will show all of the computers in your LAN, including your server).  From there, you can double-click your server, which will then show you the shares.
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 1:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Ian,
    you can always create a new shortcut where ever you want it and target it to \\server (replace with the name of your server).
    Or cut and paste the existing one.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Friday, July 17, 2009 1:13 PM
  • hi olaf
    Yes I understand that but what i would like to do is put it on the right hand side of the start menu under "computer"

Any Ideas
    Friday, July 17, 2009 11:24 PM
  • hi olaf

Any Ideas

You can't do that.  The closest you can get is to enable "Network" in the Start Menu (which, when you open it, will show all of the computers in your LAN, including your server).  From there, you can double-click your server, which will then show you the shares.
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 1:33 AM
  • Yes I understand that but what i would like to do is put it on the right hand side of the start menu under "computer"

sorry for delayed answer, but I am in vacation and only sporadically online for the next weeks.
    Directly into that menu you can't put them, but in All Programs subfolder this should be no problem.
    (I currently run Vista on my laptop, so I can't test this at the moment.)
    Optional you could resurrect the quicklaunch bar and put the shortcut there.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, July 20, 2009 7:50 PM