Display all manual drive mappings. RRS feed

• Question

• I need to check what drives have been manually mapped on a PC as this prevents the GPO of taking effect.

We are busy implementing Branch Cache and migrating users to a central server, once a site has been moved the GPO maps a drive to the new server. But the problem we are seeing is that users who have manually mapped drives don't get the new drive mapping.

We can't just deleted all drive mappings as there might be some legitimate.

Hence my question: Is there a way I can view the manually mapped drives? We use XP. VISTA and WIN7 clients.

Im also NOT familiar with scripting ;-)

Thanks,

T

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:34 AM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hi,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft forum. This forum focuses on Perfmon and diagnostic tools. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thanks.

Bruce Adamczak

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 1:17 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest posting your question in one of the (Windows Server TechCenter > Windows Server Forums > Management ) forum located here:  (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserverManagement/threads).

Hope that would be helpful.

Have a great day!

Thanks & regards,

Shivendra Pratap Singh Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 1:33 PM
  • Thanks for your repsonse. We have found a workaround for now, but still would be interested in knowing if this can be done.

How do I move my question to another forum?

Thanks,
    T

Andrew.G
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:24 AM
  • Thanks for your repsonse. We have found a workaround for now, but still would be interested in knowing if this can be done.

How do I move my question to another forum?

Thanks,
    T

Andrew.G

I can move this thread to a specific forum if you'd like, or you can ask in the forum suggested above.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Sunday, April 22, 2012 9:44 PM