Bad ofx file destination RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

I use Money Version 12.0 and I have import destination problems. When I download an ofx file from my bank, Money opens it in the bad account. It first happened with my credit card account. It imported it in my checking account. I checked the ofx file and found that the ACCTTYPE was "Checking" and not "CREDITLINE", and I asked my bank to modify their process. In the meanwhile I modify the ofx file.

But now if I download from my Checking account, Money imports it in my credit card account !!! I checked again the ofx file and it seems correct ! The ACCTTYPE is "Checking".

The real problem is that Money does not ask me for what account the file is. I remmeber in the past it did. Does somebody know how to get Money ask me the destination of the file received ? 

:) Gabier

Gabier
    Monday, February 28, 2011 12:06 PM

All replies

• I think this is what you are looking for A bank statement downloads into the wrong account
    Monday, February 28, 2011 3:08 PM
  • Yes Andy this is exactly what is needed. Moreover I understand now how the mismatch can happen between my checking account and my credit card account. I solved the issue by deleting the institution name and account number in both account definitions, and now Money asks me the match for every download.

Thanks

:) Gabier

Gabier
    Monday, February 28, 2011 5:58 PM
  • You can put the account numbers back now and if you get the match correct during the next download, then you'll be all set.
    Monday, February 28, 2011 6:18 PM
  • The problem is that my credit card and  checking account have same institution and number and i fear a confusion.

Gabier
    Monday, February 28, 2011 9:11 PM