Office 2007 installation issue RRS feed

• Question

• I am a teacher and I bought the Student/Faculty version of Office 2007 for both my home desktop and my home laptop (i.e. I have two copies of the software, one copy was given to me by my school district with the restriction that it could only be loaded on one home computer, I purchased the other copy from the Academic Warehouse to put on my other computer).  When I sttempt install either copy of the software onto either computer, nothing happens.  The computers are unable to detect anything on the disks at all, it is as if they were blank.  Both computers run Windows XP. The desktop has a DVD-RW drive and the laptop has a DVD-RAM drive. I wondered if there was a problem with the formatting of the disks (maybe they were in an ISO format or something) so I even downloaded a shareware ISO reader to see if that was the problem but that didn't help at all.  I talked to one of our district's tech people and she said that she hadn't heard of anyone else having this problem (unless all they had was a CD drive on their computer and then it couldn't read the DVD but that is not my problem).  Any help?
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 4:50 AM

Answers