none
4+ Star Ratings total number for Gallery and Developer Code Sample RRS feed

All replies

• Some activities only show up in our profiles after a delay. I believe a process runs periodically to update some activities. But I see Gallery contributions (ratings) show up in short order. I don't know about the Developer Samples.

Regarding the Wiki points, I notice that small increments do not show up in the profile activities. I think points we earn for articles we edit (when they reach view milestones) reflect in our point totals, but not in our activities. I don't believe I have ever seen activities for articles I edit. But we do see activity (view milestones) for articles we publish.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 12:47 PM
  • Thanks Richard Mueller for sharing valuable information here and for your precious time :).

RM: I believe a process runs periodically to update some activities. But I see Gallery contributions (ratings) show up in short order. 

I see. It's a couple of weeks ago that's why it must be reflected now. 

RM: I don't know about the Developer Samples.
    As both count are showing in the Galleries section in my profile. These may be have difference based on target audience and technologies but have same recognition points that's why I thought rating would be same here.

RM: Regarding the Wiki points, I notice that small increments do not show up in the profile activities.

It may be now. but in past, it shows in activity even it pass first page view milestone (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/17776.technet-wiki-how-to-earn-recognition-points-and-achievement-medals.aspx). 

RM: 
    I don't believe I have ever seen activities for articles I edit. But we do see activity (view milestones) for articles we publish.

Yeah. Agreed.

Thanks again.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:27 PM
  • In fact, there are 2 profiles... the TechNet and MSDN one.
    The share the same date, but the MSDN profile has more detailed information of the activities.

Check them at:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/profile/sandeep%20shekhawat/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/profile/sandeep%20shekhawat/?ws=usercard-mini

Peter Geelen (Quest for security) (user page)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:12 PM
  • In fact, there are 2 profiles... the TechNet and MSDN one.
    The share the same date, but the MSDN profile has more detailed information of

Well there are two views but they link to the same single underlying profile.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:32 PM
  • Thanks Peter and Dave for sharing your thoughts.

These profiles doesn't have much difference apart from the member ranking and representation.

The statistics are same in both profiles.
    The activities are also same in both profiles  while one profile shows activity in hover popup and another shows in straight way.

I have question that which portal rating does not count in our galleries section or there are a bug for calculation these?

Thanks again.

Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:53 AM