The Sims and Microsoft Vista RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have had a problem with running my game, The Sims Complete Collection on my new computer which has windows vista on it. The computer itself has no problems running anything else just this game. The game installed OK and boots up OK, but once you get completely loaded and you think it is time to start playing, a message comes up and says that it must load each of the expansion packs (Unleashed, Superstar, Making Magic etc.) This takes about 10 minutes for it to go through all of this and when it has gone through all of the expansion packs and loaded them it stops and thats  when I started to click to play the game and nothing happened. So after about 10 seconds of nothing happening the message comes up that it is loading Unleased again, then it moves to Superstar, and Making Magic etc. and keeps repeating itself. It won't stop doing this and the only way to get out of the game is to press ctrl-alt-delete and end the task from there, (which it says that the game is not responding). This has upset me because the new computer was very expensive and also the fact that the game was expensive angers me too. I have e-mailed EA Sports but I don't know if they will know. How do I stop this from loading or fix it so it loads just 1 time and I can play the game!!!????
    Tuesday, November 13, 2007 11:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Wednesday, November 14, 2007 4:05 AM
  • Thank you so much for your help! I think that will work!!
    Wednesday, November 14, 2007 1:18 PM
  • THE SIMS 1 AND VISTA INSTALLATION TROUBLESHOOTING

installing the expansion packs:
    *make sure to install the expansion pack in the right order

Right click on the Setup.exe and Select Properties:
    select Compatibility option;
    select ''Run this program in compatibility with: Windows XP(service Pack2)''
    select also ''disable visual themes''
    Select Apply and close the widow

Right click on the Setup.exe and Select Run as Administrator

And this for each installation

******Expansion pack sequences*****
    after installing  Hotdate, you will be asked to install Superstar (again),
    do so and start the game with the Superstar CD1 next time, hotdate will be in the game
    the same is to be done after installing Vacation Expansion Pack

******Once the games are installed*******************
    the sims 1 starts and shuts down resolution:
    you need to update your video driver
    I have a gateway laptop and downloaded sigmatel high deifinition audio CODEC update,
    installed it and the Sims worked fine.

To be able to save your game without problem, play as Administator:
    right click on the game Icon and go to Properties;
    and ''Run program as an administator''

extra tip:
    right click on the game Icon and go to Properties;
    select ''Run this program in compatibility with: Windows XP(service Pack2)''
    select also ''disable visual themes''
    and ''run program as an administator''

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 1:18 AM