cqvSvc.exe RRS feed

• Question

• Looking at the appliation event viewer, I am getting numerous warnings about cqvSvc.exe. Exception occurred:  System.Management.ManagementException

Searching the Internet, I cannot find anything on this.
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 6:31 PM

Answers

• Yes I do.  Look like this file is located in the C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server\ directory and appears to do something with the website either on the system or the *.homeserver.com
    That file does not exist pre-PP3, so I would suggest you file a bug report on Connect (and log it as a PP3 beta bug).
    • Marked as answer by BFry24 Wednesday, October 28, 2009 7:34 PM
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 10:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    assuming no typo, I cannot find references to this file either, not on my home server, not via Google. So it is either a very specific file to your machine (OEM or driver - you could search your C: drive in the server for it and check its location and properties, if you find it) or from some 3rd party stuff you installed (eventually also malware is a possibility).
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    • Marked as answer by BFry24 Wednesday, October 21, 2009 5:26 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by BFry24 Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:27 PM
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 8:49 PM
  • Looking at the appliation event viewer, I am getting numerous warnings about cqvSvc.exe. Exception occurred:  System.Management.ManagementException

Searching the Internet, I cannot find anything on this.

Do you have PP3 beta installed?
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 11:15 PM
  • Yes I do.  Look like this file is located in the C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server\ directory and appears to do something with the website either on the system or the *.homeserver.com
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:26 PM
    That file does not exist pre-PP3, so I would suggest you file a bug report on Connect (and log it as a PP3 beta bug).
    • Marked as answer by BFry24 Wednesday, October 28, 2009 7:34 PM
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 10:01 PM
  • I'm having similar errors. This is the message I get, when I get one. Otherwise the message is blank.

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: cqvSvc.exe
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 9000
    Date:  11/11/2009
    Time:  8:52:02 AM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: WHS1
    Description:
    Exception occurred:  System.IO.IOException
    Message:  The process cannot access the file 'C:\inetpub\intranet\health\health.xml' because it is being used by another process.

Friday, November 20, 2009 5:03 AM
  • I'm having similar errors. This is the message I get, when I get one. Otherwise the message is blank.

Date:  11/11/2009
    Time:  8:52:02 AM
    Computer: WHS1
    Description:
    Message:  The process cannot access the file 'C:\inetpub\intranet\health\health.xml' because it is being used by another process.

You should file a bug report as well (or, since PP3 is available next Tuesday, you could just uninstall your beta version and upgrade to RTM when it comes out and see if it's still a problem afterwards).
    Friday, November 20, 2009 8:00 PM
  • I also have WHIIST installed. Don't know if it's relevant. BFry24, do you have WHIIST? Or only PP3?
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 6:19 PM
  • Here is the message I get with the same file.

Event Type:    Warning
    Event Source:    CqvSvc.exe
    Event Category:    None
    Event ID:    9000
    Date:        11/17/2009
    Time:        6:13:08 AM
    User:        N/A
    Computer:    HOMENETSERVER
    Description:
    Exception occurred:  System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 3:04 AM
  • I DONT have whist but

Date:  25/11/2009
    Time:  10:19:39 AM
    Computer: SERVER1
    Description:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Only since PP3 which I installed to see if it would fix the long standing (since the last batch of MS updates) problem of no remote access and connectors are all down.

BTW remove of PP3 B and the last few weeks updates does not fix anything.

All I have seen on any of these issues is the stock "file a bug report" so far nothing of any use I am sorry to say.

Do unto others before they get chance to screw you !
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 2:51 AM
  • Your not alone, I'm now getting this as well since PP3 :-(

Event Source: CqvSvc.exe
    Date:  11/25/2009
    Time:  7:04:13 PM
    Computer: ******** (Removed to protect identity)
    Description:
    Exception occurred:  System.UnauthorizedAccessException
    Message:  Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

I rebooted (again) 3rd time since installing PP3 and now I'm not getting the errors ...

Event Type: Information
    Event Source: CqvSvc
    Event ID: 0
    Date:  11/26/2009
    Time:  12:59:22 PM
    Computer: ******** (Removed to protect identity)
    Description:
    Service started successfully.

• Edited by jroryl Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:17 PM
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 3:10 AM
  • Hi there - let me join in.. with the same issue..
    no add-ins or other 3rd party tools running or installed on the server

It consistantly appears approx 2 minuntes after either:
    DriverExtendorMigrator or 
    Windows Search Service completes as Information in the Event log.

"Event Type: Warning
    Date:  25-11-2009
    Time:  20:28:38
    Computer: SERVER
    Description:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

I'm thinking it could be related to Remote Desktop'ing to the Home Server .. The errors started to be consistant after my first Remote Desktop session after PP3 was installed .. though the error did appear before that, but then in double entries with two Warnings of the same right after each other ..

• Proposed as answer by kishan kishan Friday, December 11, 2009 2:10 AM
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 8:14 PM
  • Hi there - let me join in.. with the same issue..
    no add-ins or other 3rd party tools running or installed on the server

It consistantly appears approx 2 minuntes after either:
    DriverExtendorMigrator or 
    Windows Search Service completes as Information in the Event log.

"Event Type: Warning
    Date:  25-11-2009
    Time:  20:28:38
    Computer: SERVER
    Description:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

I'm thinking it could be related to Remote Desktop'ing to the Home Server .. The errors started to be consistant after my first Remote Desktop session after PP3 was installed .. though the error did appear before that, but then in double entries with two Warnings of the same right after each other ..

That file is for the Console QuickView Monitor Service (part of the new Media Center functionality).  If you had more than one device running Media Center (including extenders, such as an XBox 360) at the same time, I can see how you might get that error.
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:24 PM
  • That file is for the Console QuickView Monitor Service (part of the new Media Center functionality).  If you had more than one device running Media Center (including extenders, such as an XBox 360) at the same time, I can see how you might get that error.

Thanks for that info - good to know ...

only thing is that I'm not running Media Center on any of the PCs that have a connection to WHS (I do own a PS3 but thats not considered a real extender as I understand it) .. Media Center is part of the PCs but not it have never been fired up.
    Also actually no WHS Connectors are installed on the PCs at the moment because I did a complete reinstall of the WHS yesterday to rule out any things like updates applied in the wrong order and so on... so WHS is solely accessed via Remote Desktop from one particular PC and then its used for holding all our shared media etc.

BTW the very nice Libraries function with PP3 and Windows 7 work very good even without the Connector installed on the PC.
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 10:49 PM
  • That file is for the Console QuickView Monitor Service (part of the new Media Center functionality).  If you had more than one device running Media Center (including extenders, such as an XBox 360) at the same time, I can see how you might get that error.
    Not permitting concurrent use seems like poor design in a home environment.
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 11:28 PM
  • Idem. No config change since RTM/PP1/PP2, no WMCE clients, no new add-ins.

And these errors:

Source: CqvSvc.exe

TimeGenerated: 27/11/2009 01:12:37

InstanceId: 9000

Catagory: (0)

CatagoryNumber: 0

EntryType: Warning

Message: Exception occurred:  System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException

Source: CqvSvc.exe

TimeGenerated: 26/11/2009 21:17:28

InstanceId: 9000

Catagory: (0)

CatagoryNumber: 0

EntryType: Warning

FDT
    Friday, November 27, 2009 9:31 AM
    Not permitting concurrent use seems like poor design in a home environment.

When I have two PCs running both with Windows 7 and then start up the WHS I see the before mentioned error twice.. so it sounds like a "poor design" ..

anyway this kind of error does not indicate serious trouble right?

cheers
    Friday, November 27, 2009 10:08 PM
  • I've gotten the IO error in the beta, and in the RTW.  I've tried the eval disk numerous times with no issues.  It seems to happen very inconsistantly.

I've submitted a bug report if anyone else is "interested":
    https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=505422
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 9:14 PM
  • I'm having the same issue with WHS since the update to PP3. Never installed the beta, was a clean update from PP2 to PP3. No third party vendor plug-in or applications installed, and no Media Center pc's on my network either. I get an error showing up in Application log every 60 seconds.
    Sunday, November 29, 2009 12:18 PM
  • Is there any news on this error from MS or ?  is it harmless to keep using the WHS with this error ?

regards
    Friday, December 4, 2009 1:40 PM
  • It's harmless to keep using WHS with the error.
    http://www.mediasmartserver.net
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 5:08 PM
  • Thanks Alex
    good to know that its harmless :-)
    would you suggest that I file a bug via Connect to get a fix for this as I still believe that its annoying to have it in there.

Thursday, December 10, 2009 5:45 PM
  • It's harmless to keep using WHS with the error.
    http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Well it does harm the website I'm running on WHS. When the error occurs the site is down for a couple of minutes. Is there a way to disable the functionality that causes the error?
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 8:18 PM
  • Well it does harm the website I'm running on WHS. When the error occurs the site is down for a couple of minutes. Is there a way to disable the functionality that causes the error?

The CqvSvc.exe is the service that "Provides Home Server health status to the Console QuickView Media Center add-in".
    So if you are not using that functionality on your WHS setup, simply log on locally, go into Administrative Tools and run the Services snapin, locate the "Console QuickView Monitor Service" in the list, right-click and choose Properties, then on the Service Properties set the "Startup type" to Disabled and click on the "Service status" Stop button.
    The service should stop normally with no errors.  You can optionally check the system Event Viewer Application log and there will be a log entry with a Source of CqvSvc and information on whether the service stopped successfully.  You may wish to reboot your WHS system.
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 9:02 PM
  • I have had this error for some time.  MrDRGreen - your answer was spot on and solved this annoying warning being logged each 30 seconds or so.  One question - how did you come to your conclusion?  I am curious how you traced this error.

Thanks again!!
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 3:54 PM
  • I can see that more people have looked for an explanation, but sofar I do not see an answer that really hits the kernel from this issue;
    As I did see it coming up since PP3 (& beta), did search what went behind it, did not see direct harm so left it for a while.
    After startup there was no malfunctioning, & the media extender function worked as expected.

Later I did analyse the occurance & followed the process during start up.
    It all goes down to a timing. The health.xml is being written at the moment the cqvsvc.exe wants to read the result, so a simple delay would be the answer...
    Unfortunately delayed startup from a service does not yet exist in windows 2003, where as it available in the later generation (vista w2k8, win7)
    But I managed before in such situation, I just built a dependency on another (slower/later starting) service.

So I did again here; I set a dependency at the CQVSVC service through the registry: nade it dependent from "spooler" as that one is commonly known to start later.
    After a reboot the failure in application log is gone!

In detail:
    go to HK_LM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CqvSvc
    in the right hand panel there is the key: "DependOnService"
    open it and you will see the first line containing "qsm"  (what stands for the "Windows Home Server Storage Manager")
    add in the dialog on the next line "Spooler" (leave the " " away)
    Close the dialog, close the regeditor, reboot the server and you will see no more issues for this service.

n.b., I did see someone advising to stop the service & disable it, what will stop the well-functioning of the media-centre connector on a client PC; So when you don't use that, well, that is a choise. 

gr., a senior IT.
    tech-geek
    • Proposed as answer by komondor Thursday, June 17, 2010 1:15 PM
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 8:25 PM
  • Another method which fixed a slightly different problem with that file for me I described just in the thread CqvSvc.exe System.Management.ManagementException 'Invalid class'.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 9:02 PM
  • I have thousands of files on my Windows Home Server and the Windows Search was just slowing everything down, with 6TB running my server never stops thrashing, it's either running Chkdsk or desperately trying to index files.

Anyway I had this same CqvSvc.exe popping up time and time again on my WHS.  Looking around the web, (these pages mainly and wegotserved), I couldn't find much info. 

Anyway I seemed to have resolved it for now by re-installing Windows Search 4.0.  I have no more error logs regarding this service, well none in the last 24 hours and I would have usualy had quite a few by now.

Now I didn't just simply re-install the service and my error messages were slightly different to what I 've read.  However CqvSvc.exe was contantly poppping up in my event log and so maybe re-installing Search 4.0 willl work for you.

Just to be clear what I was doing......

I wanted to remove all my files from being indexed by Search 4.0.  After I removed all my shares I still had a massive database file from that service, (it was about 8 gb).  My C drive was suffering space issues because of it.  I was hoping that removing the items from the index would shrink the database file but unfortuently that isn't the way it works.  In the end I disabled the service and physically removed the database and associated files.

Before doing the above I was getting CqvSvc.exe error messages, but by disabling the search service they seemed to get worse.  The WHS seemed happy enough but I have a bit of a OCD issue with anything yellow or red in my event log....  ;)

So I decided to re-enable Search 4.0 and obviously it made all sorts of complaints about not finding the database and a new one would be created.  As I wasn't sure how reliable Search 4.0 would be on recovering itself I re-installed it.

This automatically adds all the original shares etc back into the indexing pool.... So I removed them all as quick as possibly and now it only indexes the "My Documents" folder.

This seems to have cured the errors in the event log and has been like this for 24 hours so far.

For your information as well, my WHS is on PP2 and has been running for about a year with no problems, (well apart from the usual known issues).  I can't exactly say when my first CqvSvc.exe started occuring but It's only been in the last couple of months I think.  So my theory is either an update during this time period caused it, or Windows Search is having issues when the database gets to big or there is too many files to index. 

Maybe it's completely unrelated to Windows Search 4.0.....  the above worked for me though... So I'm happy for now.  :)

Hope this helps somebody out.

Cheers

Sunday, February 7, 2010 9:35 PM
  • My problems with cqvsvc started last Tuesday and it's been spitting out errors every minute since then. Everything that I found said that it was a passive error and that I could just ignore it. Silly me. 

After finding this thread, I tried just uninstalling Windows Search from the add/remove programs. Honestly, I don't know what the heck it's doing on a WHS box anyways. It doesn't look like WHS uses the indices for anything and it's just sucking up disk space and filling my log with useless errors. It also was causing my streams to lock up and my CPU to peg at 100% for no apparent reason while hammering the heck out of my drives. In a wonderfully ironic twist of fate, every time that I logged into the server to look for problems, the service would suspend on activity and I'd see nothing wrong. So, since I haven't touched the server since July and it's been running flawlessly, I wasted days tearing out newly installed client software, patching routers, replacing network cables, updating client-side drivers, downgrading my NMT, etc. and only came back to this because I was out of other options.

Everything is fine now and I'm back in business. cqvsvc errors gone and my WHS is serving without hiccups again.

John Benfield
    Monday, February 15, 2010 2:30 AM
  • I just noticed that my WHS box is getting errors with CqvSvc.exe and has been for the last couple of weeks.  There were thousands of them in my application log.  Another thing I've noticed recently is that when streaming music from it via the Zune software or TiVo connector add-in, the server plays a few songs then locks up for a few minutes.  I'm wondering if there's something related?

Date:  2/16/2010
    Time:  9:33:46 AM
    Computer: <my server name>
    Description:
    Exception occurred:  System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Windows Search.  After reinstalling, I started getting the following errors along with a bunch of DEP warnings.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Application Error
    Event Category: (100)
    Event ID: 1000
    Time:  10:52:10 AM
    Description:
    Faulting application SearchIndexer.exe, version 7.0.6001.16503, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x52981360

So I disabled the Windows Search search and it started giving some new errors...

Time:  11:15:38 AM
    Description:
    Exception occurred:  System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
    Message:  Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {7D096C5F-AC08-4F1F-BEB7-5C22C517CE39} failed due to the following error: 80070422.

Followed by

Event Type: Error
    Event ID: 1001
    Time:  11:15:33 AM
    Computer: LITTLEGIANT
    Description:
    Fault bucket 1716223582.

Data:
    0000: 42 75 63 6b 65 74 3a 20   Bucket:
    0008: 31 37 31 36 32 32 33 35   17162235
    0010: 38 32 0d 0a               82..   

And to top it all off, while I was typing up this post, my server popped up a message saying that it was shutting down due to lsass.exe:

Event Type: Information
    Event Category: (100)
    Event ID: 1004
    Time:  11:15:24 AM
    Description:
    Reporting queued error: faulting application lsass.exe, version 5.2.3790.0, faulting module strmfilt.dll, version 6.0.3790.4616, fault address 0x0000563c.

Data:
    0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74   Applicat
    0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c   ion Fail
    0010: 75 72 65 20 20 6c 73 61   ure  lsa
    0018: 73 73 2e 65 78 65 20 35   ss.exe 5
    0020: 2e 32 2e 33 37 39 30 2e   .2.3790.
    0028: 30 20 69 6e 20 73 74 72   0 in str
    0030: 6d 66 69 6c 74 2e 64 6c   mfilt.dl
    0038: 6c 20 36 2e 30 2e 33 37   l 6.0.37
    0040: 39 30 2e 34 36 31 36 20   90.4616
    0048: 61 74 20 6f 66 66 73 65   at offse
    0050: 74 20 30 30 30 30 35 36   t 000056
    0058: 33 63                     3c     

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:22 PM
  • My error is slightly different.  And I'm on a complete reinstallation of Windows Home Server (with my data from the evaluation edition kept intact.  Here is the error that I get:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7000
    Date: 2/25/2010
    Time: 8:37:23 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MY-SERVER-NAME (changed to protect the guilty)
    Description:
    The Console QuickView Monitor Service service failed to start due to the following error: 
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. 

Any advice on this is greatly appreciated.
    Have a great day:)
    Patrick.

Smile.. Someone out there cares deeply for you.
    Friday, February 26, 2010 3:52 AM
  • Can you try if running
    winmgmt /resyncperf

can solve this problem?

Thanks.

Donald
    [MSFT]
    • Proposed as answer by Dancing Bear Sunday, March 7, 2010 11:52 AM
    Friday, March 5, 2010 8:00 AM
  • Can you try if running
    winmgmt /resyncperf

can solve this problem?

Thanks.

Donald
    [MSFT]
    I temporarily (hopefully permanently) solved it a different way.  I set the Console View service to manual and started it manually.  Then when I rebooted, I started it (and set it back to Automatic).  I haven't needed to reboot for a while (but with "Patch Tuesday" coming up, I'm sure I will have to), and it's in the middle of a virus scan right now.  So, in the next three days, I'll reboot and try your fix (if the error comes up).  If it works, I'll mark yours as an answer, and include it in my bug submission through Connect.

Patrick.

Sunday, March 7, 2010 1:42 PM
  • I was getting the error as well and after following several suggestions from this thread, I have finally resorted to just disabling the service.  If you could reply back PatrickDickey and let us know what worked for you, I would like to try it as well to see if I could get this working again.

Thanks!

Sunday, May 30, 2010 7:18 PM
  • To be honest, I haven't solved the problem.  In checking my Event Viewer, I have a multitude of different error messages (not related to this as far as I can tell).  But I just tried the winmgmt /resyncperf command (putting it into the "Run..." box) and didn't see any indication that it even ran.  I'm upgrading my Antivirus at the time, so I'll have to reboot shortly, and I'll check to see if this issue comes up.

If this service depends on the network connection at all, I'm wondering if that may be the problem.  My router may be a little "flaky", in that occasionally I get the "Updating Custom Domain Failed" and occasionally I have to  power cycle my router (not as often as I used to, but I still do it occasionally).  I may try a new router and see if that fixes the issue (since this router is about 3 or 4 years old).

The results of the reboot are as follows:

The Server is rebooted, and I see the default login screen (where it tells me to press CTRL+Alt+Delete to log in).  My connector is still Grey, and if I try to connect through Remote Desktop Connection, it errors out.  After about 5 minutes, the error message appears on the server (I have a monitor connected) that says "At least one service or driver failed during system startup. Check event viewer for details".  At this time, the connector is still grey. I'm able to connect now via Remote Desktop Connector.

When the connector came to "Yellow" the error was that the drive migrator service failed to start.

In Viewing Event Viewer, the Console quick View still failed to start (hitting it's timeout).  That was the cause of the popup on the monitor.  So, the winmgmt /resyncperf did NOT work.

I may manually start the service, even though I'm not sure I need it.  And hopefully another possible solution will be presented before I have to reboot the server next time.

Patrick.

Sunday, May 30, 2010 10:40 PM
  • Personally I'm thinking that this service should be started near the end.  When I start it after logging in, it doesn't take more than a minute to start up successfully.  So, I'm wondering if it either requires something else to be started first, or gets choked off by everything else starting at the same time as it.

Someone would have to debug the startup order, to make sure that it's not timing out waiting for one of it's requirements (services that it depends on) to start up.  And if that's the case, then Microsoft should consider moving it to a later position in the startup, so that it's dependencies are all taken care of (since it apparently isn't a dependency for anything else at System Startup).

Patrick.

Also, the name change for me (PatrickDickey to Patrick_Dickey) is because I have two different accounts setup, and my browser automatically logged me into this one.  Sorry about that, if it tends to confuse anyone.  I'm the same person on both names.

• Edited by Patrick_Dickey Sunday, May 30, 2010 10:47 PM Clarifying why I'm posting under a different name.
    Sunday, May 30, 2010 10:46 PM
  • For anyone who is experiencing this issue, I filed a bug on Connect a while back.  Microsoft is going to close it as not-reproducible soon.  Here is the link to the bug https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/details/536620/console-quick-view-fails-to-start-timeout-error-on-windows-home-server-pp3-fresh-install so please go there and comment on it. Include any pertinent information that you have, so they may be able to reproduce it yet.

Thanks, and have a great day:)
    Patrick.

Thursday, June 3, 2010 12:50 AM
  • worked like a champ thanls for the work on it.

BOO to MS for having the error occur.  I really am not sure why MS bothers with WHS it is treated as a poor stepchild at best and the nw version makes thing more complex and prone to failure?

Thursday, June 17, 2010 1:15 PM
  • worked like a champ thanls for the work on it.

BOO to MS for having the error occur.  I really am not sure why MS bothers with WHS it is treated as a poor stepchild at best and the nw version makes thing more complex and prone to failure?

Sorry... what worked like a champ...  feels like I read this a few times and tried the solutions.  But want to make sure I got the right steps.

Thanks!

• Proposed as answer by nest420 Sunday, September 5, 2010 12:52 AM
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 1:53 AM
  • For what it is worth, I had a similar occurrence. My problem began because I had installed 2 web page customization add-ins. The 2 I had installed were Whiist and WHS Customizer. I uninstalled Whiist, rebooted my server, and have not had any issues to date.

Hope someone finds this info helpful.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 5:15 PM
  • I was getting the following message. The fixes proposed in this and other threads didn't fix it for me. When I opened regedit and searched on the GUID in the message, it was related to Windows Search. I had stopped the Windows Search service since it was using lots of CPU and disk indexing the whole d:\shares directory on WHS.

After starting that service, the CqvSvc.exe error messages went away. Then I just edited the Search Options and removed all directories from being indexed. So now it can run and will avoid the error, but it won't pound the WHS indexing content. I wasn't using the index anyway.

Exception occurred: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

Message: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {7D096C5F-AC08-4F1F-BEB7-5C22C517CE39} failed due to the following error: 80070422.

http://artisconsulting.com/Blogs/GregGalloway
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 8:44 PM
  • Thanks furmangg - I had also disabled Search and was getting the exact same error. I still don't understand why Homeserver would be indexing it's files.
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 3:41 PM