tab order gets changed on deployment RRS feed

• Question

• I have made some customisations to the case forms which work, but when I deploy the solution to another system the tab order gets changed. The customisations still work it's just that the tabs are in the wrong order.

Any ideas what CRM might be doing this time?

Friday, September 13, 2013 10:15 AM

All replies

• While importing solution to target CRM what option are you selecting? Maintain Customisation or Overwrite customisation?
    Friday, September 13, 2013 10:18 AM
  • Maintain. But the previous version of the solution was also from me, it's deployed as a managed solution so noone should have swapped anything around and the previous version had the tabs in the right order.

All (I think) I have done is replace a jQuery driven panel with a silverlight control at the top of the page but then the tabs below that silverlight control, which is in its own tab, have swapped positions.

• Edited by J N Brand Friday, September 13, 2013 10:50 AM
    Friday, September 13, 2013 10:47 AM
  • Hi,

Managed solutions merge changes to the existing customizations file instead of replacing. It seems to be an issue.

Please refer below blog for more information.

http://guruprasadcrm.blogspot.in/2012/04/tab-order-issue-with-crm-2011-managed.html

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

If this post helps you, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Friday, September 13, 2013 5:38 PM