locked
Didn’t receive a response from the <plugin name > plug-in within the 2:20-minute limit RRS feed

  • Question

  • HI ,

    We are facing a issue where in we have developed a functionality using third party dll i.e. ITextsharp on CRM 2016 online latest version.

    On plugin fire, its giving error "Didn’t receive a response from the <plugin name > plug-in within the 2:20-minute limit."

    Does anyone has face same issue?

    Please respond . 


    Prashant Wani ,L&T Infotech Pvt.Ltd.


    Thursday, August 18, 2016 2:21 PM

All replies

  • Hi Prashant,

    How did you include the third party dll? Can you run the profiler in the plugin registration tool?

    Regards


    Rickard Norström Developer CRM-Konsulterna
    http://www.crmkonsulterna.se
    Swedish Dynamics CRM Forum: http://www.crmforum.se
    My Blog: http://rickardnorstrom.blogspot.se

    Thursday, August 18, 2016 7:31 PM
  • Hi Rickard,

    I have added ITextShardp.dll in my plugin assembly reference and merged it in dll using ILMerge . I'm not able to debug the plugin using profiler.

    Actually the same code and dll is working fine on current environment with version 8.1.0.369, but now if I create new org and import the same plugin into it , its not working.


    Prashant Wani ,Software Engineer-II,Infinx Services Pvt.Ltd.

    Friday, August 19, 2016 9:27 AM
  • I have observed one more things that if I debug the merged DLL using plugin registration tool its getting executed and functionality is working fine but If I triggered the same on update of field and save the form , saving operation goes in continues loop and that plugin is not firing.

    I'm not able to understand what exactly is happening .

    Your answer will be appreciated!


    Prashant Wani ,Software Engineer-II,Infinx Services Pvt.Ltd.

    Friday, August 19, 2016 11:04 AM
  • Can anybody please help?

    Or you can suggest best approach to generate pdf using crm data and send it to customer on click on any two option-set button.


    Prashant Wani ,Software Engineer-II,Infinx Services Pvt.Ltd.

    Friday, August 19, 2016 1:30 PM
  • Even we had the same problem. In our Custom Workflows, we were using iTextSharp.dll(for generating Pdf) . We merged this using MSBuild.ILMerge.Task from nuget package. After removing the iTextSharp .dll from the merge, the workflows worked fine. Not Sure why its causing this timeout errors when we merged with our customer workflows. And we just added this (iTextSharp.dll) with our workflows dll and merged, but we didnot yet called the workflows which generates the pdf.  but after removing the merged dll it worked. not sure how the dlls are handled in the sandbox in crm 2016 online

    Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:57 PM
  • Sorry for late answer,

    Client side :
    if you use service proxy as the connection scenario, you can set the Timeout property. Here is the sample:

    _serviceProxy.EnableProxyTypes();
    var timeout = new TimeSpan(0, 10, 0); // add 10 minutes
    _serviceProxy.Timeout = timeout;

    Greetings,

    JP

    Monday, September 5, 2016 9:51 PM