MTA certification RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am planning on taking MTA (Windows Server Administration Fundamentals, Exam 98-365 ) certification, and my question is about who is eligible for taking the exam ?

In microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mta.aspx#faq  in FAQ section there the following is written:

"At this time, the MTA certification is available to students, faculty, and staff of accredited academic institutions and to Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCT’s)"

,does this mean that if I am not a studend of some accredited academic institution (or faculty, staff and microsoft certified trainer), I can't take the exam ? I am not a student of any accredited institutions, just studied by myself and want to take the exam, but not sure if I am eligible.

Thank you

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 4:31 PM

Answers

• You can apply for MCTS without any problems, there are no special policies like MTA.

Marek Chmel, WBI Systems (MCTS, MCITP, MCT, CCNA)
    Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you.

• Marked as answer by Vd2012 Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:33 PM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 5:38 PM

All replies

• If you are not a student, then you should consider the MCTS certification - i would recommend the networking configuration. But you should study harder, as the MTA topics are not so deep like MCTS.

Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 4:34 PM
  • Thus it's true, I can't take the MTA exam if not being previously involved as a student in some programs of accredited academic institution ?

and if that is true, how about MCTS, can I just study by myself and apply for the exam, or is it the same kind of policy as with MTA ?

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 5:37 PM
  • You can apply for MCTS without any problems, there are no special policies like MTA.

• Marked as answer by Vd2012 Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:33 PM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 5:38 PM
  • Marek Chmel, thank you for your answers.
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:33 PM