none
retrieving numbers on Iphone RRS feed

• Question

• How can I retrieve my hotmail contact list on my phone? All my numbers went back to old contacts and for some reason wasn't getting backed up to the Icloud. have gotten some numbers back but need the hotmail contacts. Thanks
    Saturday, February 15, 2020 8:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to our forum.

Are you using an Outlook app on your phone? If so, please make sure you configured your hotmail account on your Outlook app as Exchange account. Only Exchange account can sync contacts from server.

In this case, please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook app to the latest version. Then you can try removing your email account and re-configure it again and test.

<o:p>In addition, since here we mainly focus on general issues about Outlook desktop client but your question is more related to Outlook app. So if the issue continues, it is suggested to post a new thread to the forum below:</o:p>

iPhone: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_imobile

Android: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_amobile

If you are not using an Outlook app on the phone and just using an Hotmail.com account on your phone Email function, please go to Outlook.com answer forum for more information.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thanks for your understanding and hope your question will be resolved soon.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 17, 2020 2:24 AM
  • Hi,

If you have post your issue, in order to close this thread, please kindly mark helpful replies or your own reply as answers. By doing so, it will benefit all community members who are having this similar issue.  

Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 8:03 AM