[CRM 2011][Customer Portal] Remove a contact from the Customer Portal? RRS feed

• Question

• I did something silly; I removed the records regarding my own contact from the CRM which was for my own Live Id login.

Now, this was on a development local machine, so it's not that big of a deal. I recreated the CRM entity and now it's working again. But I wanted to test out other options than the invitation code, and it does make things somewhat awkward; do I need to create a new Live ID for each attempt I make?

How can I remove the Live ID association?
    • Edited by Bender Mateusz Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10:52 AM I'm no longer interested in "fixing" the contact, just being able to delete one
    Tuesday, July 10, 2012 8:38 AM

Answers

• The Live ID association is stored in the contact record.  Navigate to the Web Authentication tab and clear out the 'username' field.  You do not have to use a new Live ID for each attempt, although you can only have one Live ID associated to a single contact record in CRM at any time.

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com

• Marked as answer by Bender Mateusz Saturday, September 1, 2012 5:46 PM
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:35 PM

All replies

• The Live ID association is stored in the contact record.  Navigate to the Web Authentication tab and clear out the 'username' field.  You do not have to use a new Live ID for each attempt, although you can only have one Live ID associated to a single contact record in CRM at any time.

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com

• Marked as answer by Bender Mateusz Saturday, September 1, 2012 5:46 PM
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:35 PM
  • True. I was trying to allow potential clients to register with some basic privileges without the need to first receive an invitation code.

To my defence, that was my very first contact with the Customer Portal; I was happy as it was just to get the login working. :P

Saturday, September 1, 2012 5:46 PM