none
Can not authenticate my account using power BI SDK RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to Power BI API and following the tutorial available in the msdn documentation to embed a power BI report in an website that uses a .NETSDK.

I am an Azure active directory user and I have downloaded power BI using my active directory account. I followed embedding setup tool link to setup an application as Native user and get the application id to be used for API calls. One of my team member designed a power BI report and published the workspace sharing with me. My AuthenticationType is MasterUser. I downloaded the sample application available in GitHub as mentioned in the above tutorial. I have been made an admin for my power BI pro account and trying to integrate the report in the website. I replaced the credentials and other ids as as described in the tutorial. But this gives me the following error-

unknown_user_type: Unknown User Type

This is the piece of code that's failing during AquireTokenAsync call.

private async Task<AuthenticationResult> DoAuthentication()
        {
            AuthenticationResult authenticationResult = null;
            if (AuthenticationType.Equals("MasterUser"))
            {
                var authenticationContext = new AuthenticationContext(AuthorityUrl);

// Authentication using master user credentials
                var credential = new UserPasswordCredential(Username, Password);
                authenticationResult = authenticationContext.AcquireTokenAsync(ResourceUrl, ApplicationId, credential).Result;
            }

return authenticationResult;
        }

Please help me solve this. Thanks in advance.

• Moved by CoolDadTx Monday, March 25, 2019 2:46 PM Not a C# question
    Thursday, March 21, 2019 8:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Meenakshi2019,

Thank you for posting here.

Since your question is more related to Power BI, you could post a new thread in the link below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/bd-p/Developer

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 22, 2019 6:50 AM