Live Mesh seems to have stopped working - Error code: 00000000, 0 RRS feed

• Question

• I've had no problems, of any kind, with Live Mesh since I started using it quite some time ago. All of a sudden, I can no longer connect to my home computer and this has been happening for the past three days. As far as I can tell, the settings on my home computer and work have not changed. I've rebooted my home computer and tried to ensure that everything was working properly on it - nothing seems to be unusual as everything else is working fine.

As I've mentioned, I can no longer connect from work though; I get the following, absolutely meaningless, error message:

Cannot connect to "my computer's name"
    To try connectign again, click Retry
    Error code: 00000000, 0

Of course, that does nothing. Help!

Friday, March 26, 2010 8:25 PM

Answers

• Received an update via email that RDP connectivity for both machines was working as of 3/30/10 by AnotherPerson.

The problem is assumed to have been a server change on the back end that was resolved later on 3/29.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 2:58 PM

All replies

• Same here. Used to work until two days ago.
    Saturday, March 27, 2010 11:26 PM
  • This error typically occurs if there is a server issue going on. Unfortunately, the Live Mesh team has been rather silent of late and my contact has been unreachable, so I can't tell you if this is indeed the case. I'll poke on Monday if there are additional reports of the problem posted.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Sunday, March 28, 2010 1:21 AM
  • I hope it's not down - I really need to access my computer from work. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Monday, March 29, 2010 7:38 AM
  • Are you able to use the service? I just now tested a connection from my Windows 7 machine to an XP machine in my Mesh that is at home (over the Internet) and didn't encounter an error.

-steve

Monday, March 29, 2010 2:58 PM
  • No, I just tried and can't connect. I continue to receie the same error -

To try connecting again, click Retry

This is very frustrating.

Monday, March 29, 2010 5:30 PM
  • I've sent an email to my contact on the Live Mesh team.

-steve

Monday, March 29, 2010 6:07 PM
  • Can you collect your logs and either post them to connect - 

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs - and post the bug ID here or send the logs to me at sboots @ mvps.org (remove the spaces before and after the @ sign)?

-steve

Monday, March 29, 2010 6:38 PM
  • Can you collect your logs and either post them to connect - 

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs - and post the bug ID here or send the logs to me at sboots @ mvps.org (remove the spaces before and after the @ sign)?

-steve

Thanks, I just checked my office computer and, interestingly, the paths to the logs listed on the link you provided don't exist. I'll keep searching. Also, I'll have to check the logs on my home computer tonight as I won't be hope until late. When I find them, I'll shoot you an e-mail. Thanks again for your help!
    Monday, March 29, 2010 7:05 PM
  • Just use the link in the Start Menu - Start/All Programs/Live Mesh/Collect Live Mesh Logs

Ken (from the Live Mesh team) will have to look at the logs to identify if a specific server is at fault.

-steve

Monday, March 29, 2010 7:24 PM
  • Just use the link in the Start Menu - Start/All Programs/Live Mesh/Collect Live Mesh Logs

Ken (from the Live Mesh team) will have to look at the logs to identify if a specific server is at fault.

-steve

I just tried again and the folders didn't exist (probably because I never connect from home to work, just the other way around). Even so, that's never stopped me from connecting before. Just the same, I have now "installed" Live Mesh on my work computer and am sending the log via e-mail. The same problem continues to exist - I still can't connect to my home computer. Live Mesh continues to say that my home computer is online and and that is is up to date as of a few moments ago.

Monday, March 29, 2010 8:14 PM
  • As I replied via email, the logs have been received and forwarded.

What's your current status at being able to connect or not?

-steve

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 3:09 PM
  • Received an update via email that RDP connectivity for both machines was working as of 3/30/10 by AnotherPerson.

The problem is assumed to have been a server change on the back end that was resolved later on 3/29.

-steve

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 2:58 PM
  • I too am having the same problem connecting from my computer at home to the one in my office. Interestingly, I can still connect in the other direction: from my office computer to my home machine.

This seems to have started at the same time I installed the Office 2010 Beta but I can't swear the two are related. Anyone else notice this after installing Office 2010?

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:46 PM
  • I'm running the beta and don't see this issue. The error usually indicates a connectivity issue and is often a server side problem. Since it only fails in one direction, I'd be looking at connectivity.

-steve

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 5:48 PM
  • Also experiencing this issue. I've had Office 2010 beta installed for weeks without issues, so I doubt that's the problem. No changes were made to my systems around the time that I could no longer access the systems. Getting the exact same error message.
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:04 PM
  • Based on the other report that the problem went away after a bit, I agree that it isn't Office and it likely due to back end work that is ongoing in the environment in preparation for the upcoming release of the next beta version of the Windows Live services and programs. I hope that the situation is only temporary for you, but I'll be watching this thread for additional reports.

-steve

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:11 PM
  • Based on the other report that the problem went away after a bit, I agree that it isn't Office and it likely due to back end work that is ongoing in the environment in preparation for the upcoming release of the next beta version of the Windows Live services and programs. I hope that the situation is only temporary for you, but I'll be watching this thread for additional reports.

-steve

Steve,

Have you got an ETA on the completion of those back-end updates? I would like to know how long we will need to deal with this before it is resolved.

Thanks.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:46 PM
  • Me too. "Live Desktop not available" since a week or so (since I installed Live Essential Wave4 leaked beta...), please give me my Live Desktop back! ;)
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 2:42 PM
  • No, I don't have any ETA.

So far, there have now been 4 reports of problems with this error since last week in this thread and only one has confirmed that the problem has been resolved for him.

econome, Joe Paris, and you (Wcollette) are also experiencing the issue with RDP connections. And, I believe that all 3 of you reported that the problem just began after having successfully used RDP in Mesh for some time. Is that correct?

-steve

Thursday, April 1, 2010 3:09 PM
  • Me too. "Live Desktop not available" since a week or so (since I installed Live Essential Wave4 leaked beta...), please give me my Live Desktop back! ;)

That may not be a me too. Live Desktop and remote desktop are two different things. Live Desktop is acessed via the web browser at www.mesh.com - Remote Desktop means that you are connecting to another PC in your Mesh from the Mesh program on another PC or from the Live Desktop. The error in this thread happens when you try to remotely connect to another PC using Remote Desktop. Is that what you are experiencing or are you just not able to sign into www.mesh.com?

-steve

Thursday, April 1, 2010 3:12 PM

So far, there have now been 4 reports of problems with this error since last week in this thread and only one has confirmed that the problem has been resolved for him.

econome, Joe Paris, and you (Wcollette) are also experiencing the issue with RDP connections. And, I believe that all 3 of you reported that the problem just began after having successfully used RDP in Mesh for some time. Is that correct?

-steve

Correct.

And per your other post, this affects both Remote Desktop and Live Desktop. Exact same error message on both.

Thursday, April 1, 2010 8:12 PM
  • I was connected like less than two hours ago.  Now I get this 0000000, 0 error too and cannot connect to my remote pc
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 8:36 PM
  • As noted before, this is likely a server issue of some sort.

-steve

Friday, April 2, 2010 2:52 PM
  • Just want to add my voice here. I've been using live mesh for months without error and as of this morning can't connect to the system I typically connect with. Same error 0000000, 0.

I walked through the steps in help on the machine I'm trying to reach. IE and firewall appear to be configured properly. System is not hibernating...etc. Nothing's changed on either system (also tested trying to connect from a third computer in the mesh to the remote system to no avail.)

Deb

Friday, April 2, 2010 8:33 PM
  • Same here, I was connected a few hours ago and then it stopped. 

To try connecting again, click Retry

I already uninstalled/reinstalled, my devices shows as online but I can't connect. 

Friday, April 2, 2010 10:58 PM
  • Up until several days ago, mesh was working just fine, then I started to get two different erros:  00000000, 0  and  00002744, 5

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one having this trouble.  Hope it gets resolved ASAP.

I did submitt the error to Connect along with the mesh logs .cab file.

Saturday, April 3, 2010 8:58 AM

-steve

Correct.

And per your other post, this affects both Remote Desktop and Live Desktop. Exact same error message on both.

Me too. "Live Desktop not available" since a week or so (since I installed Live Essential Wave4 leaked beta...), please give me my Live Desktop back! ;)

[quote]That may not be a me too. Live Desktop and remote desktop are two different things. Live Desktop is acessed via the web browser at www.mesh.com - Remote Desktop means that you are connecting to another PC in your Mesh from the Mesh program on another PC or from the Live Desktop. The error in this thread happens when you try to remotely connect to another PC using Remote Desktop. Is that what you are experiencing or are you just not able to sign into www.mesh.com ?

-steve[/quote]

I'm still getting the notification "Live Mesh Remote Desktop is not Available" thou my status is "Online": I can log in into the application (and on www.mesh.com either) but I can't access any of my computers.
    Saturday, April 3, 2010 9:44 AM
  • Hmm, after rebooting one of my PC's yesterday I can remote in to it. Anyone else tested it after a reboot?
    Saturday, April 3, 2010 7:55 PM
  • Still not working for me.
    Sunday, April 4, 2010 3:43 AM
  • Yeah, stopped working for me again.
    Sunday, April 4, 2010 6:04 AM
  • I'm not sure what's ETA, but I can connect from work home but not vice versa. I did not change anything in the configuration of my Live Mesh in a long time, but the but persists. Nor have I installed Office 2010. I am using an XP laptop at home and Vista desktop at work.

I'm sending the logs now. Hopefully they'll find out what's wrong.

Monday, April 5, 2010 12:57 AM
  • I'm going to ping Ken again. Can those of you who submitted logs via Connect let me know via reply here what the Bug number is?

-steve

Monday, April 5, 2010 3:12 PM
  • We're trying to see what the root cause of this.  It's spread all around so it's not a specific area that's going wrong, which makes debugging this a little difficult.
    Monday, April 5, 2010 5:13 PM
  • I found this forum through Mesh Help and wanted to say that I am also having the same problem.  I have used mesh for a long time and have Office 2010 beta installed.  Everything was working up until about a week ago.  I have become dependent on mesh, please help.
    Monday, April 5, 2010 10:18 PM
  • I'm going to ping Ken again. Can those of you who submitted logs via Connect let me know via reply here what the Bug number is?

-steve

Here is my Bug number:  548398
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 12:26 AM
  • Thanks. As you can see by Ken's reply above, they are aware of the problems and they are investigating. Hopefully some of the submitted log files can assist in providing clues for troubleshooting the issues.

-steve

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 12:31 PM
  • I too am having a problem, logs sent to Microsoft, thanks!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 2:48 PM
  • Well, this was actually working yesterday, but today it's down again. Same error as before - 000000, 0. Rebooted the source computer without success. Tried another computer remoting into the third. No luck either via Remote Desktop or Live Mesh.

I have Winy7, Vista and XP machines in my mesh. All 3 have worked with Live Mesh flawlessly for months. No recent changes.

evil deb

• Proposed as answer by pmtan666 Saturday, April 10, 2010 5:08 PM
    Thursday, April 8, 2010 9:12 PM
  • HI, evil deb. (And how exactly are you "evil" <g>?)

Yes, the problems are apparently intermittent and the cause seems to be rather difficult to track down. The error you are seeing is most certainly environment - that is, back end - related.

-steve

Friday, April 9, 2010 11:35 AM
  • I too am experiencing intermittent remote desktop connection problems consistent with those described here; Bug 550093 opened with log files from 3 different machines attached to it.
    Saturday, April 10, 2010 5:06 PM
  • Well, this was actually working yesterday, but today it's down again. Same error as before - 000000, 0. Rebooted the source computer without success. Tried another computer remoting into the third. No luck either via Remote Desktop or Live Mesh.

I have Winy7, Vista and XP machines in my mesh. All 3 have worked with Live Mesh flawlessly for months. No recent changes.

evil deb

Is the machine you are trying to login on wireless network instead of wired?

You might want to try connect that machine on wired network and see whether you still get the error?

Saturday, April 10, 2010 5:10 PM
  • I'm the OP and, over the weekend, the same problem has started up again and I can longer connect. This is clearly a Micorsoft issue and I hope it get fixed SOON! It's a good thing I forwarded my work, via e-mail, earlier today or I'd be a in a real bind now. :(
    Monday, April 12, 2010 8:00 PM
  • Myself and a co-worker have been having this same issue off and on for the past month.  Recently it seems to be happening more often.  Was working fine all day last Thursday and then stopped working between then and Monday AM (error 00000000, 0 on a attempt to reconnect).  I had my remote computer re-booted and was able to work just fine for two hours and then lost connection and now get the same error.  In each case a full re-boot of the remote computer seems to solve the issue.  However, this is impractical solution in most cases (including my own).  I too hope that this issue is fixed SOON as it was looking like a promising solution to my remote needs (but not if there is going to be a reliability).  Thanks for your help in resolving this situation in a timely manner.

Monday, April 12, 2010 8:38 PM
  • Yes, I agree that it is absolutely a back end issue. Ken is aware of it and he's advised that they are checking the environment carefully, but the problem is apparently still intermittently affecting some accounts.

-steve

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:04 PM
  • Still down here and I've been down since last Friday - I'm going to have to find another solution too. E-mailing work back and forth, and hoping that I don't forget something important, just isn't going to work. Does anyone have a good "Plan B?"
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 6:35 PM
  • You could try Live Sync - http://sync.live.com - there's no Live Desktop/Cloud storage, but it supports P2P and remote desktop connectivity. Unlike like Live Mesh, though, if the Windows SKU (home versions vs. Pro) doesn't support Remote Desktop, it won't allow RD connections to the machine.

-steve

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 7:04 PM
  • Occurred again today on my home computer. This is getting very obnoxious. Any news on this, Stephen?
    Sunday, April 18, 2010 6:02 PM
  • Occurred again today on my home computer. This is getting very obnoxious. Any news on this, Stephen?

As of the end of last week, I was told that back end work was pretty much completed. I did notice that there was a Live Sync outage early today, I don't know if Mesh was also affected.

-steve

Monday, April 19, 2010 1:41 AM

I agree - mesh is down again. It seems to go up and down faster than a yo-yo. :( I believe I have Live Sync but haven't used it. I need desktop connectivity though so if that doesn't work, I'll have to try something. This is, however, getting to be VERY obnoxious.
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 6:45 PM
  • Live Sync also support remote desktop, but it only supports it on Windows versions that allow native Remote Desktop, so Home and Basic versions of Windows are out.

I did alert Ken to the fact that issues persisted, by the way.

-steve

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 7:30 PM
  • Not only is Mesh still down but, suddenly, a new screen appears that asks you to agree to a "Windows Live Service Agreenment" - clicking on the  "I Agree" button does nothing. :( It sure would be nice if MS would at least say something - anything at all - about what's happening.
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 12:01 AM
  • It's down for me again.  It was running fine there for about a week but the 0000000, 0 error starting appearing again.
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 5:46 AM
  • Not only is Mesh still down but, suddenly, a new screen appears that asks you to agree to a "Windows Live Service Agreenment" - clicking on the  "I Agree" button does nothing. :( It sure would be nice if MS would at least say something - anything at all - about what's happening.

:-(

I don't know if the Service Agreement page is related to the upgrades/back end work, but it is certainly possible. I had let Ken know that issues persisted, but have not heard back.

-steve

Thursday, April 22, 2010 11:22 AM
  • Oh great - still not working.  I have to go back into the office to get some work done.  All I can say it, you get what you pay for  - I guess that's why it's free.
    Saturday, April 24, 2010 1:01 AM
  • Well, it worked for a couple of hours today and it went down as I was connected - this time, I'm getting Error code: 00000040,5

As I need to have access, I'm now trying to find another (more stable) way to use a remote desktop. :(

Monday, April 26, 2010 8:43 PM
  • Well, it worked for a couple of hours today and it went down as I was connected - this time, I'm getting Error code: 00000040,5

As I need to have access, I'm now trying to find another (more stable) way to use a remote desktop. :(

Have you tried Live Sync?

-steve

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 11:46 AM
  • Have you tried Live Sync?

-steve

I was under the impression that it won't work with Windows 7 Home Premium - is that correct. Also, Mesh WAS working yesterday but is now down again. I've got to find a solution ASAP. I'm frantically looking for an alternative now.
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 8:02 PM
  • I too have been having the "Error 000000 0" problem.  Some things I noticed:

1. I get the error when connecting from Work-to-Home and from Home-to-Work.

2. I'm running dual monitors on both systems and running WinXP SP3

3. When I do connect, my screen positions get all messed-up by Live Mesh and I have to go into Screen Properites to move then back (Monitor #3 on the Left, Monitor #1 on the Right) Monitor #2 is Live Mesh.

4. If I try to connect to Work and get the error, I haven't been able to reconnect until going to Work and then moving the monitor positions back.  Then when I get Home I've been able to connect.  Opposite is true also, connecting to Home from work, once I get the error, I been able to reconnect after getting home, moving the monitor positions, and then connecting once at work again the next day.

5. If I fail to sign-on (Windows log-in screen) once connected, I get an error number (don't remember which, but not 000000),  If I then press Retry, I will then receive the error 00000 0 message.

6. I get the error using Live Mesh Beta or through www.live.com

So, how many other having this problem have dual monitors?

Well, after re-reading some of the post above, I waited until this morning (11 hours) and I was able to log!  So maybe it's not an issue with the number of monitors and is strictly a problem with the mesh servers...

Thursday, April 29, 2010 1:04 AM
  • I think it is a server issue, HorseTrailRider, but your observations are interesting. I wonder if there is a relationship with the drivers and the remote desktop connection error encountered.

-steve

Thursday, April 29, 2010 1:01 PM
  • I am yet another person with the same problem i.e. I can no longer remote to my home server from work (Microsoft).

I used to be able to this just fine until this week.  The only change that occurred was that I removed all of the Office 2010 candidate apps and replaced them with the final release versions.  Nothing else changed.  I used to be able to remote to my hoome server (A Dell XPS Quad Core running Vista) and visa-vera with no problem.  Now I cannot do either.

I've also noticed on my work machine (Dell Latitude laptop running Windows 7) that if I go into Control Panel, RemoteApp and Desk Top Connections - there is a message saying that "There are currently no connections available on this computer".

This message is there even though if I go into Windows Firewall both LiveMesh and Live Mesh Remote Desktop are checked.  I've also made sure that the box is checked for the "Remote Desktop" app in Windows Firewall.

Please fix this.  As you know LiveMesh is very very important to us knowledge workers and road-warriors.  It also is a strong app in Microsoft's quiver to help sell its cloud and 'connected anywhere' story as it competes with Google.

Friday, April 30, 2010 10:41 PM
  • HorseTrailer's comments about having a dual monitor are interesting but I doubt that's the problem - I've also got a dual monitor at work but had successfully used Mesh for a very long time (until recently) - my home machine only has a single monitor. The problem, however, also exists when I try to connect from other machines that only have single monitors.

At the moment, Mesh is down again - even though I've been succesfully accessing my home system since Thursday. I've been out of town and have had no problems until this morning - now, I can't access it again and received the same old error message. As I knew I was going away, I tried everything I could think of to find another method to have remote access (I'm now VERY tired of dealing with mesh - ever since it suddenly became a schizophrenic nightmare) but wasn't able to get things set up before I left :( I'm going to continue to look for another method as Mesh has become so horribly unreliable and M$ has yet to comment on why. It's really too bad I need to do that because Mesh used to be a great program.

Monday, May 3, 2010 2:40 AM
  • Sorry to read about the ongoing issues with the reliability of your remote connection via Live Mesh, AnotherPerson.

For a commercial product, GoToMyPC should work for you. For a freeware solution, TightVNC - http://www.tightvnc.com/

List of some solutions here: http://ipinfo.info/html/vnc_remote_control.php

I've not used either, but many people report that they work well for them.

-steve

Monday, May 3, 2010 12:24 PM
  • Thanks, Steve for the suggestions - I was in the process of trying to get tightvnc to work before I left (I ran out of time to get it up and running). I was also playing with dyndns (http://www.dyndns.com) and http://www.instanthousecall.com but, again, I ran out of time before I left. I'll also look at the other suggestions you provided. As of this moment, mesh still doesn't work and, I suspect, I won't have access to my computer again until I return.
    Monday, May 3, 2010 4:10 PM
  • Want to provide a quick update.  Over the weekend I uninstalled and reinstalled Mesh on my Vista server at home.  Everything now seems to be working properly.  I have no way of knowing if the un-install, re-install solved the issue or if some of the backend server issues were resolved over the weekend.  Either way, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will continue to work properly.  I will certainly provide additional updates if problems start to resurface.
    Monday, May 3, 2010 8:54 PM
  • Here's my update - Mesh started working again on Tuesday morning while I was still out of town - I did absolutely nothing to either my laptop or my home computer. This problem is the result of something Microsoft is, or is not, doing.
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 9:22 AM
  • Here's my update - Mesh started working again on Tuesday morning while I was still out of town - I did absolutely nothing to either my laptop or my home computer. This problem is the result of something Microsoft is, or is not, doing.

I sure wish that the environment would settle down, as I'm sure you also wish for!

-steve

Wednesday, May 5, 2010 12:21 PM
  • I also am having connection issues, my bug submission is 558071.
    Monday, May 10, 2010 2:06 PM
  • It's now 5/12 and the problem is back.  Same error code: 000001F6, 10.  I can't log into my home computer from work.  So I suspect that this is an intermittant back-end problem.  At any rate - I can't afford this kind of uncertainty and instability so I'll have to start looking for other solutions.
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 9:39 PM
  • It was working fine for me yesterday - down again now. After my trip last week, I took a break but I've got to get another service up and running. Mesh has become a nightmare.

Thursday, May 13, 2010 8:38 PM
  • I've never had a problem with Live Mesh beta before, but in the past week, I have been unable to connect from either location to the other. I keep getting Error code: 00000000,0 as well. I've been in contact with our university's IT department, but they could offer no advice other than "It is very likely the problem with the "back-end" Microsoft "Live Mesh" server configuration. So, the best result on this particular problem you may get if you contact Microsoft help."

I have tried restarting both machines, from home and from work, but the problem still exists. I've searched for Live Mesh updates (it's up-to-date), checked my firewall settings (Live Mesh is allowed on both machines), checked my video card driver (up-to-date), and everything else suggested by the team on your web site. So, what's next? Just chuck it in?

Mollie T

Thursday, May 20, 2010 8:26 PM
  • Getting this error is a regular thing for me now.    Started happening about the time the thread started.  Fix is rebooting the remote computer.  Hopefully microsoft will eventually get around to fixing this new bug.
    Friday, May 21, 2010 4:32 AM
  • So, what's next? Just chuck it in?

Mollie T

If you have a critical need for Remote connection capabilities, then, yes, I'd look for another solution. Since Live Mesh is a beta, clearly, problems can happen. Based on the varied reports of random issues with RDP via Live Mesh over the last months, I feel confident that these are indeed back end issues.

-steve

Monday, May 24, 2010 2:33 PM
  • I'm having this problem as well.  I don't know if this matters, but I noticed that I would usually connect from home to work and that worked without error for months and months.  Then recently I connected from work to home one time.  After that, it doesn't work in either direction.

-Greg

Monday, May 24, 2010 7:56 PM
  • I don't know how to use Live Sync remote desktop, could you explain more detailed? Thanks.
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 6:02 AM
  • I don't know how to use Live Sync remote desktop, could you explain more detailed? Thanks.

It isn't full remote control with a desktop in Live Sync. See: http://help.live.com/Help.aspx?mkt=en-US&project=WL_Sync&querytype=topic&query=WL_FolderShare_PROC_RemoteAccess.htm

-steve

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 12:38 PM
  • I have been encountering the same issue for some time (probably since April). I get the error:

Cannot connect to "machine name"

Ty try connecting again, click Retry.

Sometimes, rebooting the remote machine resolves the issue. For the last couple of days, however, rebooting the remote machine does not seem to have resolved the issue. This has become a severe problem with Live Mesh Remote Desktop, as it has become a very frequent problem. If this issue continues on its current trend, the remote desktop feature of live mesh will become pretty much useless.

Is there some official word on this problem? Is this an issue with Microsofts Mesh servers? Why is the error code 00000000, rather than something more specific and useful?

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 1:57 AM
  • Unfortunately, the error is server side.

It happens randomly for some people and all the time for others.

And, unfortunately, I doubt that it will be addressed as the problem really ramped up as the back end went through changes in prep for Wave 4 which has not yet been released to beta.

When Wave 4 of Windows Live is released, the existing Live Mesh infrastructure will likely be retired, though nothing has been announced yet, nor do we know when Wave 4 will be released.

See: 

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_live/b/windowslive/archive/2010/06/10/coming-soon-windows-live-sync-beta.aspx

-steve

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 1:40 PM
  • It does appear that I have the problem continuously now, for all of my devices. I can not connect to any of them from anywhere.

It sounds like the system is simply being replaced with a new beta? Will the new beta still include a remote desktop connection? That is my most-used feature from Live Mesh, and I rely on it quite heavily. If it is removed, I'll be losing one of my most valuable tools. :(

Thursday, June 24, 2010 7:55 PM
  • It does appear that I have the problem continuously now, for all of my devices. I can not connect to any of them from anywhere.

It sounds like the system is simply being replaced with a new beta? Will the new beta still include a remote desktop connection? That is my most-used feature from Live Mesh, and I rely on it quite heavily. If it is removed, I'll be losing one of my most valuable tools. :(

Good question.  I hope that the new beta allows for RDP.  Anyone know the answer to this?

-- Update --

I found an interesting article by Paul Thurott saying that Live Sync is basically replacing Live Mesh, but it will include the RDP feature.  Read here - link

The new live sync with RDP is a part of the new Windows Live Essentials wave 4 beta - here.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 10:22 PM

Good question.  I hope that the new beta allows for RDP.  Anyone know the answer to this?

-- Update --

I found an interesting article by Paul Thurott saying that Live Sync is basically replacing Live Mesh, but it will include the RDP feature.  Read here - link

The new live sync with RDP is a part of the new Windows Live Essentials wave 4 beta - here .

It does. Installed this morning on 2 Win7 pc's (x86 and x64), it does allow you to RDP. You'll have to re-register your devices, though. ;)
    Friday, June 25, 2010 11:22 AM