activation Live One Care Antivirus RRS feed

• Question

•  

I bought licensed Live One Care Antivirus from Circuit City Store. I activated it on 1 computer using the key inside the box. First time this programm was subscribed on my friends computer with his Live ID. When I want to activate it on 2-nd computer the Internet page says

The product key entered is already in use.

If you are installing OneCare on a 2nd or 3rd computer or you are reinstalling OneCare, you do not need to use your product key again. Instead, close this browser window, return to OneCare, and click Activate again. On the Sign in page, sign in with the Windows Live ID that you originally used to install OneCare.

If you get this message more than once, report it as a recurring problem.

Message 8059

But:

- my trial 90-days version of Antivirys LiveOne Care was downloaded by using my Live ID !AND! it doesn't give me to change the e-mail;

- and I want to activate it also on 2-nd and 3-rd computer.

QQ:

1. what the difference between subscription and activation?

2. how can I do this, because my PC protection will end in 5 days?

Monday, February 25, 2008 10:43 PM

Answers

• Subscription is when you use the Product Key - you are basically assigning that copy of OneCare to a LiveID. The product key can only be assigned to one LiveID.

Activation is essentially using the LiveID created during subscription to use OneCare on a 2nd or 3rd machine.

As for your problem, now that you've used the Product Key on your friend's LiveID account, you will need to activate it on your machine also with your friend's LiveID

Finally, you say you are unable to change the email used in the trial - there is a solution available - you download a tool and run it on your computer to change the subscription ID. Read about it had get it here: http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2776450&SiteID=2

Monday, February 25, 2008 11:25 PM

All replies

• Subscription is when you use the Product Key - you are basically assigning that copy of OneCare to a LiveID. The product key can only be assigned to one LiveID.

Activation is essentially using the LiveID created during subscription to use OneCare on a 2nd or 3rd machine.

As for your problem, now that you've used the Product Key on your friend's LiveID account, you will need to activate it on your machine also with your friend's LiveID

Finally, you say you are unable to change the email used in the trial - there is a solution available - you download a tool and run it on your computer to change the subscription ID. Read about it had get it here: http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2776450&SiteID=2

Monday, February 25, 2008 11:25 PM
  •  

now it activated. thank for your job!
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:34 PM
  • You're very welcome. Glad to read that it is resolved.

-steve

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 1:15 PM