Another user's username appears in the upper-right hand corner of the answers forum before I log in. RRS feed

• Question

• Before I signed into the forum, a username entirely unfamiliar to me, luciahairsalon, appeared in the upper-right hand corner of the forum, in the same location, and style, as my username , smains appeared.  After I signed in, my username appeared; however, to be sure, I used my browser's (IE 8) back button to return to the page where I noticed the behavior, and was surprised to notice that the foreign username again appeared in the upper-right corner, even though my name now appeared in the forum profile sidebar frame below at right.

I accessed the site from a private computer on my home network.

I observed this behavior around 10:00pm EDT on 11 Nov 2010; according to the user profile page for luciahairsalon, this user has been a member since, November 12, 2010, a date in the future, with one recent activity entry, "Welcome Luciahairsalon!", posted 1 hour from the time I posted this question, or about the time I first accessed the forum and noticed the unexpected behavior.

Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385/ Windows 7 Professional/ WindowsLive ID linked to my Windows User Account used to sign in to this forum.

Using the browsers forward button replaced my username with that of suzy homemaker.

• Moved by Honglei Ji Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:35 AM (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile and Recognition System Discussions)
    Friday, November 12, 2010 4:19 AM

Answers