View Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When i try to open Project from Project centeri get the following error

"The view failed to load. Press OK to reload this view with the default settings. Press Cancel to select another view."

How can i solve this

Monday, April 18, 2011 8:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Pranay,

if it does only happen for one project, it should be easier to resolve ;-).

You are not allowed to switch view after confirmation with OK?
    Check if there any updates pending and accept and publish them. Open your project in Project client, add column Published and set value to No and publish (this will delete all pending updates, so that's the reason for preceeding step). Set it back to Yes and publish once more. If there is only a kind of corruption in your file, this could resolve your issue. If this doesn't help, I will think about others reasons, so please let me know!

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, April 18, 2011 9:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Pranay,

does this happen to all projects or just a few?

Have your recently applied a CU? I am currently only aware of CU AUgust, which could cause this as descriped by Brian: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2010/09/17/project-server-2010-applied-august-cu-and-having-problems-with-jsgrid.aspx

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, April 18, 2011 9:14 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

Thanks for your reply,It happens for only one project,i havent applied any Cumulative Update's

Monday, April 18, 2011 9:21 AM
  • Hi Pranay,

if it does only happen for one project, it should be easier to resolve ;-).

You are not allowed to switch view after confirmation with OK?
    Check if there any updates pending and accept and publish them. Open your project in Project client, add column Published and set value to No and publish (this will delete all pending updates, so that's the reason for preceeding step). Set it back to Yes and publish once more. If there is only a kind of corruption in your file, this could resolve your issue. If this doesn't help, I will think about others reasons, so please let me know!

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, April 18, 2011 9:48 AM
  •  i am not allowed to switch to other view if i click OK,i get continous error "The view failed to load. Press OK to reload this view with the default settings. Press Cancel to select another view."

If i click Cancel and select other VIEWS like "Assignment Cost" and other Views which starts with "Assignment" i am able to see the view

Monday, April 18, 2011 10:37 AM
  • Hi Pranay,

so you are allowed to use any Assignment view but no view starting with Task or Resource at all? Could you please try to create a new view (temporarily) with View type project, table task without adding any fields (other than default ones). Add all categories and save. Are you allowed to use this view? (I would like to know, if there is something special in your views or with your project). Sorry, I haven't seen this error before, only read a few times about it.

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, April 18, 2011 10:44 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

I am to see with "Resource" View also,Problem is with "Task" View

I created a new View with default fields and saved ,i face same issue as " Task" View with error "The view failed to load. Press OK to reload this view with the default settings. Press Cancel to select another view."

Thanks

Monday, April 18, 2011 10:57 AM
  • Hi Pranay,

where are you located? I found this error also caused by currency issues (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2010/06/30/project-server-2010-view-failure-in-project-center-when-certain-iso-currency-codes-used-in-published-projects.aspx). Could you check the used currency of your project? Is it the same as for other projects? This error was written for Project Center, but ....

Moreover, I can remember to have read about issues when tasks had been linked to a summary task. I can't reproduce this behavior, but perhaps worth checking?

Have you already tried to re-publish as I described above?

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, April 18, 2011 11:16 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

i have not tried re-publishing as i am not having access to MPP,i have to get approved from my Admin Team,it will take time,After i Publishing from MPP i will let you know,mean while i wanted to try if there are any other methods to follow

Currency for my Project and other Projects is same($)

Thanks

Monday, April 18, 2011 11:30 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

Thanks for Your help,i republished from MPP,its working now,i am not getting error

Thanks,

Pranay Chandra

Monday, April 18, 2011 1:25 PM
  • Hi All,

I am getting the same error message: "The view failed to load. Press OK to reload this view with the default settings. Press Cancel to select another view."  in project center in MSPS 2010.  I get this error message even when I create a brand new work plan that has no resources assigned and only two tasks.

Help!

I can't see any of my projects in project center.

John
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:35 PM