my site rank's well for a couple of weeks. and then dosen't rank at all RRS feed

• Question

• For some reason, many of my sites , have been behaving strange, specially one of them. This site has been during the last 2 years 1º or 2º place in the live search results,but 2 months ago, the site completely disappeared of the live search results showing in the webmaster portal the no data is available notice.

About 2 weeks later, the site return to the first or second place for a couple of weeks and disappear again. Today in the webmaster portal, data became available again, but with only one index page and this time didn’t return to the live search results.

This is driving me mad and I just can’t explain myself waths happening. I don’t think the problem is in the site because it ranked well during 2 years, anyways I hope somebody can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Saturday, December 29, 2007 11:53 PM

Answers

• Do you mind sharing the name and URL of your site?  I can look into it for you.   Generally speaking a website may disappear from search results because it was removed from the Live Search index or it was reported as spam. I can verify this for you if you share the address.  Occasionally, a website may disappear from search results as we continue to improve our website-ranking algorithms. In some cases, search results may change considerably as we test new algorithms.

If you suspect that your website or specific pages on your website have been removed from the Live Search index, you can use Live Search to see whether a particular web page is still available.

• To see whether your web page is still in the index, type the url: keyword followed by the web address of your web page. For example, type url:www.msn.com/worldwide.aspx.
    • To see which web pages on your website are indexed, type the site: keyword followed by the web address for your website. For example, type site:www.msn.com. Because our web crawler manages millions of pages, it's normal for some pages to move in and out of the index.

If you suspect that your website was incorrectly identified as spam, please do the following:

1. Open the Live Search Site Owner support form.
    2. In the boxes provided, type your name and e-mail address.
    3. In the What type of problem do you have? list, select Other.
    4. In the box provided, describe the issue, including the following information:
      • The search words that you used to produce the search results that contain the web spam
      • The URL of the web spam
      • Whether the content of the site matched the result description
    5. Complete the form, and then click Submit.

Jeremiah

Thursday, January 3, 2008 11:50 PM

All replies

• Do you mind sharing the name and URL of your site?  I can look into it for you.   Generally speaking a website may disappear from search results because it was removed from the Live Search index or it was reported as spam. I can verify this for you if you share the address.  Occasionally, a website may disappear from search results as we continue to improve our website-ranking algorithms. In some cases, search results may change considerably as we test new algorithms.

If you suspect that your website or specific pages on your website have been removed from the Live Search index, you can use Live Search to see whether a particular web page is still available.

• To see whether your web page is still in the index, type the url: keyword followed by the web address of your web page. For example, type url:www.msn.com/worldwide.aspx.
    • To see which web pages on your website are indexed, type the site: keyword followed by the web address for your website. For example, type site:www.msn.com. Because our web crawler manages millions of pages, it's normal for some pages to move in and out of the index.

If you suspect that your website was incorrectly identified as spam, please do the following:

1. Open the Live Search Site Owner support form.
    2. In the boxes provided, type your name and e-mail address.
    3. In the What type of problem do you have? list, select Other.
    4. In the box provided, describe the issue, including the following information:
      • The search words that you used to produce the search results that contain the web spam
      • The URL of the web spam
      • Whether the content of the site matched the result description
    5. Complete the form, and then click Submit.

Jeremiah

Thursday, January 3, 2008 11:50 PM
  • Jeremiah.

Thanks to you for replying me. The particularly site I’ve mentioned in my post is http://www.cueva-del-peluche.com.mx/  but there are some other sites giving me similar problems http://www.ipc.com.mx/ , http://www.acuamarina.com.mx/ , http://www.organiza.com.mx . this sites are the most representative because all of them 2 months ago where ranking in the first 5 positions, and now just don’t rank at all, except ipc.com.mx wish still ranking for a few keywords, less than a half of words it used to rank, by the way let me tell you that inn google, yahoo & ask, they are ranking, ok. All of these sites show that they are indexed in the webmaster center. I hope this information be useful so you can help me solve the problem, I’ll appreciate it so much.

Saturday, January 5, 2008 7:47 PM
  •  

Your site isn't gone, you are one of the many here who only get their sites to appear on live search by typing:

site:http://www.cueva-del-peluche.com.mx/

Your site is indeed indexed, but even copying and pasting your exact first sentence it doesn't show.  Join the club, you're about to get the standard story from Microsoft:

Improve your inbound links

Improve your site

Cross your fingers

Saturday, January 5, 2008 8:49 PM
  • Added one for a client of mine a few weeks ago, got it verified, etc., and it appeared in the listings and maps.  And then poof, it's gone.  Completely.  And it's just a simple little html site for a paving contractor.  Absolutely nothing technically clever, fancy, or complex about it.

url:eliasconcreteandpaving.com
    shows that it isn't even in the index anymore.  But it does show in the Webmaster control panel as having been verified (but never spidered).

What the heck is going on?  This is making me look bad with my clients, e.g., today I was "showing off" how my latest client's listing was displayed (Elias) and then nothing shows up, at all.  And yesterday I e-mailed to Elias that they should check it out.  If they do, then apparently they won't find it.  Great.  Terrific.  Thanks.  Keep up the good work.

Update:  Talked with my current client on the phone a few minutes ago, and he said "they were just talking about..." how Elias wasn't showing up in the search results, and how they were currently paying me to do this for them.  Swell.
    • Edited by Don737373737 Friday, April 10, 2009 12:22 AM Update
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 11:08 PM
  • The same thing happened to me. My site's http://www.pinvoker.com and has 'pinvoke' all over it.

Up to about 1-2 weeks ago it was rating really highly for a 'pinvoke' search - bottom of first page or top of second page all the time.

Now it's gone. Vanished !

Sometimes when I search for 'pinvoker' this doesn't appear either.

It seems to be there : site:www.pinvoker.com finds it ok and it's been crawled and its sitemap loaded (according to webmaster tools).

But its rank has just disappeared !

It's only text & images with no black hat SEO going on.

I'm wondering if it's got something to do with canonical names of sites : I've put a 301 redirect from pinvoker.com to www.pinvoker.com on all pages of the site yesterday and it seems to have improved the situation : beforehand a search for 'pinvoker' got nothing.

Anyway, hopefully it'll come back into the rankings... I have to say it does sound rather indicative of a bug though since I'm not the only person experiencing this problem.

I think the re-caching rate is bad too : the cache for my main page is dated 16/3/2009 and with it being new it's changed quite a lot since.
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 11:41 PM
  • You know this stuff should not happen, it take foreever to get our site crawed and just when we sit back, the site disappears from the search engine without any reason ?  I'm happy and sad to see that it also happens to other people.!! 

Denis Bernier
    www.MontrealSauna.ca
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 3:28 AM