Connect Site Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have been a previous beta tester and went to try to get the PP3 from the connect site. I can only see the dates from 2007. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 12:17 AM

Answers

• I have been a previous beta tester and went to try to get the PP3 from the connect site. I can only see the dates from 2007. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
    I was able to get login and download PP3 without issues...  might have just been a temporary glitch.
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 1:41 AM
  • I think the problem was that the message went out that PP3 was ready to download before Jonas had pushed the button to actually release it.

All sorted now.
    MVP - Windows Home Server
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 3:44 PM

All replies

I was able to get login and download PP3 without issues...  might have just been a temporary glitch.
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 1:41 AM
  • I think the problem was that the message went out that PP3 was ready to download before Jonas had pushed the button to actually release it.

All sorted now.
    MVP - Windows Home Server
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 3:44 PM
  • In attempting to DL one of the files, WindowsSearch-KB940157-Srv2K3-x86-enu.exe, I run into the following FTP error:

Caught error in File Transfer Process of type 'VaultFSError', error text is:
    Module: CFileTransferIsapi.cpp, Line#: 2200 Context Text: System Error: 1232, returned from CFileTransferIsapi::DownloadFileBytes attempting to open file:\\PR1DSARCH\dsArchive\LUN_051\ROQOUT\CBCC8988-B3B4-4803-93C7-1868857609AC, handle = 0x0 Library Text: Src=W32 The network location cannot be reached. For information about network troubleshooting, see Windows Help.

All other files downloaded AOK.

Any ideas?
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 5:46 AM
  • In attempting to DL one of the files, WindowsSearch-KB940157-Srv2K3-x86-enu.exe, I run into the following FTP error:

Caught error in File Transfer Process of type 'VaultFSError', error text is:
    Module: CFileTransferIsapi.cpp, Line#: 2200 Context Text: System Error: 1232, returned from CFileTransferIsapi::DownloadFileBytes attempting to open file:\\PR1DSARCH\dsArchive\LUN_051\ROQOUT\CBCC8988-B3B4-4803-93C7-1868857609AC, handle = 0x0 Library Text: Src=W32 The network location cannot be reached. For information about network troubleshooting, see Windows Help.

All other files downloaded AOK.

Any ideas?

I tried it just now and it worked (using the individual Download link to the right of the file).  I would try it again (and if it still doesn't work from that client, try a different one).
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 6:17 AM
  • Hello,
    I still can't find details about the PP3 from the CONNECT site. I can only see the dates from 2007. Has it been withdrawn?

Michael D Baker
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 1:06 PM
  • Hello,
    I still can't find details about the PP3 from the CONNECT site. I can only see the dates from 2007. Has it been withdrawn?

Michael D Baker

https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/Downloads

Its there for all to see and download
    • Proposed as answer by YouWhat Friday, July 24, 2009 11:10 AM
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 4:48 PM
  • Like mick171, I only see the 2007 dates and the download link above does not show any downloads.

I am based in the UK - does that make a difference?

Thanks
    Geoff
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 7:25 PM
  • Like mick171, I only see the 2007 dates and the download link above does not show any downloads.

I am based in the UK - does that make a difference?

Thanks
    Geoff

No It wont make any difference as I am in the UK also. The above links should show you 2 different downloads;

09/07/2009 Windows Home Server Power Pack 3 Beta 1 2361 Build
    08/12/2008 Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 - Evaluation Edition (English) 6.00.1800.0 Build

The top 1 being the update link and bottom 1 is the ISO disk image for installation.

If you dont see this then you prob dont have access to the PP beta (although I thought it was public)
    • Proposed as answer by YouWhat Friday, July 24, 2009 11:11 AM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:20 PM
  • Like Mick171 I do not see any of the downloads.  I was on the original 2007 beta.  MS emailed me and said they couldn't find me in the database.  That was a funny one, I sytill have all of the disks I burned.  The above links do not work either.  This link https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/Downloads  just takes me to a page with a filter tile on it but nothing shows up.  MS sent me a new invite but when I accept it it takes me right back to myconnect site and does npot show any new downloads, just the 2007 stuff. 

Thursday, July 23, 2009 5:00 AM
  • I'm in the same boat. My connect status for that program is "tracking" and I see no way to apply.
    Friday, July 24, 2009 6:06 PM
  • I also was on the original beta (I am located in the Netherlands) and now do not see the PP3 download. I have removed my WHS connect listing and have added it again. Status says 'Tracering', wich means 'Tracking' in English. Still no options to download PP3.

Is there anyone who has a clue (guys from MS???) Really wanting to test it with my windows 7 RC machine.

Hope hearing!
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:24 PM
  • Yup, I have the same issue, it seems like its something wrong with the Connect site for certain users. My page just shows the program start date and the nomination date of 6/13/07.
    Friday, July 31, 2009 3:20 AM
  • I have read somewhere that it is public beta, but seen as some people are not able to see this on the connect site, I dont think it is.

Due to the nature of this problem, I am unable to help anyone further that what I already. Sorry everyone. Maybe someone from microsoft can elp further with this problem when they see this.

Friday, July 31, 2009 8:44 AM
  • Same here. I joined the Connect  site specifically to download PP3 and the only thing that shows up in Downloads is a file from December 2008.
    Where can I download PP3?
    Help...

Sunday, August 2, 2009 4:03 AM
  • Another problem here. The WHS connect program somehow does not allow me to join. Instead this page is presented. On the links provided above I do get to a download site, but there are no downloads available. Tried this on different computers but that makes no difference.

I really would like to start evaluating WHS with PP3 because I'm using Windows 7 here, so please Microsoft help!

Sunday, August 2, 2009 12:42 PM
  • Another problem here. The WHS connect program somehow does not allow me to join. Instead this page is presented. On the links provided above I do get to a download site, but there are no downloads available. Tried this on different computers but that makes no difference.

I really would like to start evaluating WHS with PP3 because I'm using Windows 7 here, so please Microsoft help!

What do you see if you click on Your Dashboard?
    Sunday, August 2, 2009 12:57 PM
  • Funny, I got PP3 from Connect a couple of weeks ago.

But now I have done a fresh install of WHS and PP3 is missing from Connect. Is the beta over?

All downloads from the other programs is still there...
    Sunday, August 2, 2009 1:16 PM

But now I have done a fresh install of WHS and PP3 is missing from Connect. Is the beta over?

Wow you're right!  I just checked and the only PP3 anything I see is the UPDATED Windows Home Server PP3 Beta Release Documentation dated 7/21/09.  I'll try to get some clarification from someone on the WHS team to see what's going on...
    • Proposed as answer by Runemail Sunday, August 2, 2009 4:38 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Monday, August 3, 2009 12:56 AM
    Sunday, August 2, 2009 1:35 PM

FYI, I found out from MS that the download package had expired.  It has now been extended and is once again available on Connect.  :)
    Monday, August 3, 2009 12:55 AM
  • I'm still not able to see the powerpack 3 apply link, or any downloads on the site.

Even this url has no downloads: https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/downloads

and this page: https://connect.microsoft.com/programdetails.aspx?ProgramDetailsID=1475
    shows an expiration of 2007
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 11:32 AM
  • I'm still not able to see the powerpack 3 apply link, or any downloads on the site.

Even this url has no downloads: https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/downloads

and this page: https://connect.microsoft.com/programdetails.aspx?ProgramDetailsID=1475
    shows an expiration of 2007

It's definitely there.  The only suggestion I have at this point is to create a new Live account and see if it shows up then.
    • Proposed as answer by MdeB Monday, August 24, 2009 8:19 PM
    Friday, August 7, 2009 4:15 AM
  • It's definitely there.  The only suggestion I have at this point is to create a new Live account and see if it shows up then.

I followed your suggestion and created a new Live account. After that I registered for Connect and WHS. And... voila: all the downloads were there! Now downloaded the file, going to install.

Thanks for your help.
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 9:19 PM
  • Succes overhere!

I've used a Windows Live account that wasn't registered with Microsoft Connect before, and went through the registration process, added Home Server to the account's dashboard and voila, there it was. I've noticed the menu structure of the Home Server start page on Connect is quite different that it is for my usual account. Maybe that's some explanation...

Anyway, I got the beta and am planning to test it soon.
    Monday, August 24, 2009 8:22 PM