Is there somewhere I can look up this error? RRS feed

• Question

• System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault]: System.InvalidCastException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #B0BF0A8D (Fault Detail is equal to Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault

I'm hoping that because there is a reference (#B0BF0A8D) there's probably somewhere I can get more details.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:19 AM

Answers

• Use this:

entity[column.Name.ToLower()] = new Money(Convert.ToDecimal(row[column.Name].ToString()));

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    View my latest gallery contribution here.
    Visit my blog here.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:44 AM

All replies

• The reference number would correspond to an entry in the trace files (on-premise).

How to enable tracing in Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Jason Lattimer

Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:28 AM
  • Hi,

this error means that you are probably casting some entity attribute into the wrong type. I don't think you can use the reference number to get more help.

You can check your code and compare the data types you use in your code to the data types of the CRM attributes you are using.

If you post your code here, maybe we can find the source of the problem.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    Visit my blog here.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:29 AM
  • Thanks.

I have just added a Salary field (type=Currency)

The code which allocates the value to this attribute is:

entity[column.Name.ToLower()] = Convert.ToDecimal(row[column.Name].ToString());

Then it fails when I call Update

// fails here
    proxy.Update(entity);

• Edited by MadZebra Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:43 AM
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:43 AM
  • Use this:

entity[column.Name.ToLower()] = new Money(Convert.ToDecimal(row[column.Name].ToString()));

Greetings,

Pavlos

Visit my blog here.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:44 AM
  • Hi,

try like that

Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:47 AM
  • That did it.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:28 PM
  • Thanks Jason good tip!
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:34 PM